cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wrong Time on Cisco 7940 & 7925 in CUCM 10.5(1)

david.vanherck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm situated in Belgium where we will go to wintertime coming weekend, but the IP phone models 7940 & 7925 are showing now already the new (wrong) time. I see that only a timezone patch for 2014 is available in download center: we are running CUCM 10.5(1). (10.5(1-2014f) on download center).

Anybody has a fix to share?

Thanks!

Greets,

David

16 Replies 16

Will Pettit
Level 1
Level 1

Got the same problem in the UK. Running v11.0 CUCM

Same Problem!

CUCM-Version: 10.0.1.11900-2

Phones:

- 7921 (Firmware: CP7921G-1.4.6.3.LOADS)

- 7925 (Firmware: CP7925G-1.4.8.4.LOADS)

Robert Shaw
Level 3
Level 3

Same problem in UK running 9.1. 

CUCM55120
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue here in UK on 10.5, only affecting older models of phone. Have contacted our supplier who says they have received many reports of this issue this morning and are working on solution.

Read somewhere there is a difference in the way newer phones operate that means they don't have this issue. Unfortunately majority of our phones are older models so users have noticed straight away.

Peter Bishop
Level 1
Level 1

I think the issue is that Cisco calculate that BST ends on 4th Sunday in October which was yesterday,  but the power that be determined that BST ends next Sunday. We are running 9.1.2 and a 7942 is showing the correct time but others are not. If anyone finds a fix, please post!

CUCM55120
Level 1
Level 1

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/118744-technote-cucm-00.html

Can anyone make sense of the info for 10.5 in the link above? Seems that it should generate a new CSV each year for DST rules but surely it must be basing this off something else (the .cop file?) to know whether the month has 4 or 5 Sundays? I am still learning so most of this is new to me.

Our supplier came back recommending latest firmware be installed which we already have for our 6941s so that is not the issue. Have now been recommended the following which I have seen as the workaround for this issue when posted in previous years.

Workaround/Solution

Cisco IP Phones

Choose System > Date / Time Group from CUCM Admin.

Create a new Date / Time group that is one hour behind of local time.

Choose System > Device pool.

Create a New Device pool and assign the (one hour behind Date time group) to this new device pool.

Assign the new device pool to the Cisco IP Phones that display the incorrect time.

Was hoping for something other than this as we would presumably have to bulk update all the affected phones to the new device pool and then update them back next week?

I'm not planning to change the DP to new TZ: Cisco should make up a new COP file for those old phones. For ages we run into this problem every time we have 5 weekends in October or March:  incorrect time. Cisco should make a new COP which is usable for the next years, not alone this week... Hopefully they manage it to get it done soon! Hup hup hup Cisco! :-)

Agreed it is a poor fix and the complexity involved especially if you are within a larger organisation might not be worth the benefit if you have to get approval to make the bulk changes twice. Easier to just wait a week assuming no other services are affected.

There is a 2016d DST COP file for 10.5, unfortunately I currently do not have access to the CLI to check what one we are currently running. Anyone aware of a way to check outside of the CLI? I have feeling we will have an older one. As Achilleas said it has been 4th Sunday for last 3 years before this so presumably could be running out of date DST file for that period and not notice the issue.

You can find it in Cisco Unified Reporting.  Unified CM Cluster Overview, generate new report.  When the report appears scroll down to unified CM cluster version, press the + to expand (view details)  then scroll down to find platform-tzdata

Thats certainly giving the correct value on my system, it matchs the command line output.

Thanks! Had a poke around there but didn't spot that.

tsutherland
Level 1
Level 1

Oh the joys of the Monday morning before a time change.

Whilst this is only slightly frustrating, what is more frustrating is that I can't download the file.  Can anyone send me a copy of the latest DST file for CUCM 8.6.2 please?

Thanks

Terry

Same problem in Greece for 6941 running 9.1.2

Summer Time ends on last Sunday of October NOT on the 4th.

2012-2015 that Sunday was the same but not this year (and next)

Kevin Spicer
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem, BUT it is also affecting Time of Day Routing!  Have observed the wrong time on 7925s - other models of phones seem unaffected (IIRC the older models get their local time from CUCM, the newer ones get GMT/UTC and apply locale settings themselves - so this makes sense)

I have a TAC case open and the engineer has suggested updating to the latest TZ file - but I think that might be speculative rather than a known fix

We're currently running timezone 2015g, they have suggested updating to 2016d.  I'd be interested in known if anyone running 2016d is experiencing the problem.

Hi guys, I have the same issue in Mexico with 3 cluster. 2 cluster with 10.5 with IP Phones 8945 and one cluster 8.6 with 7940 and 6921.

Maybe install the last Device Package in correct version fixed the issue.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: