Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

XML Service for Cisco IP Phones

Dear All,

we have deployed the Cisco BE6K solution for the customer and they want us to do the below features

- Voice conferencing resorces and list for cisco 7937 conference phone

- XML application for managerial IP Phones (like RSS Feeds from BBC...)

Please Help

12 Replies 12

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You will need to use the CUCM SDK for IP Phones to do the XML application services...Look on cisco cco site and you should be able to find scripts that you can modify for this..

I dont understand what you mean by voice conference list....

Please rate all useful posts

"The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

Please rate all useful posts

Many thanks for your valued response

Do I need to have a dedicated web server to do that ?

Any Updates ?

You should be able to use any web server you have available.

is it a must to have internal web server to get rss feeds from yahoo and BBC ?

Please Help, I'm Very new for it

You still need some sort of web server to serve out the XML file that points to the RSS feeds.

Thanks a lot for you response

I've installed IIS on windows 7

where do i get the XML file that points to the RSS feeds ?

How do i associate the web server with CUCM ?

please Help

A quick google search shows a few companies that sell the scripts to do this.  If you want to make it on your own and have a good amount of programming background, you can view details about the IP Phone Services SDK at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/product_data_sheet09186a00800925a8.html.

Once you have the script working, you just point the phones to it by adding a phone service and enabling Enterprise Subscription or manually associating phones to the service.

Hello,

agree with Brian -  you should search for the third party already working solution.

E.g. 2Ring has one - PHONE SERVICES (http://www.2ring.com/NewJuice).

Moreover, FREE or TRIAL license obviously available.

Regards,

Martin

KENNEDY BIZUAYEHU TADEGE wrote:

where do i get the XML file that points to the RSS feeds ?

How do i associate the web server with CUCM ?

please Help

In case it isn't clear, your web server fetches the content, parses it, and creates the xml to be served to the phones.  If you're comfortable programming (guessing .net since you installed iis), it's relatively easy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: