Views
Helpful
Replies

your help with incoming dial-peers configuration

Microcisco
Beginner
Beginner

Hello,

i'm facing the issue with H323 router which is the call coming from CUCM and this call coming from a particulate DN and that DN should use a certain FXO port for calls so, i need to match the incoming calls with the source DN rather than matching it via destination pattern and target etc,

i remember there was 5 methods for matching the incoming calls please help me with them also i need configuration commands.

thanks in advance,.

3 Replies 3

Mohammed al Baqari
VIP Advisor VIP Advisor
VIP Advisor

Hi,

There are many ways to do this.

For H323, you can configure answer-address in your dial-peer to match calling number for inbound dial-peer. On the same dialpeer prefix a special code for destination number such as 555. On the outgoing pots dialpeer, use destination pattern as 555[then whatever pattern you want to use]. On this dialpeer strip 555 and assign the FXO port which you require.

Another way is to prefix special digits in CUCM using TPs (only the specific calling DN can see this TP). On the gateway you can match inbound dialpeer using the specific prefix and the outgoing dialpeer using the same prefix. Then strip the prefix on the outgoing dialpeer.

For SIP with new IOSs, there are more advanced features to simplify this.

Dear Mohamed Thanks for your respond :)

but all of the above related to destination pattern matching and the whole routing related to the destination,.. what i'm asking about is matching the call with the source DN with the same prefix like the remain phones not with a code start with 555... and then we have to forwarder last 3 digits am asking about the caller DN should be routed to the particular FXO using source pattern its will mach with the incoming pattern or something like this,..

Jaime Valencia
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee Hall of Fame Cisco Employee
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

What you really need to do is to configure a special route pattern for that phone, and use a prefix, whatever you want, say 12345

Then configure the dial peer for that fxo as

destination-pattern 12345.T

or more specific if you want, you'll strip the exact matches, and just send the dialed number.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers