IPv6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Forum Posts

Existing:Currently, we have implemented the existing for IPv4 and IPv6. We enabled IPv4 and IPv6 working fine for both. But IPv6 only enabled, not working. We getting "ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED".We are trying to implement the static IPv6 flow. Please...

fido2hcl by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I want to make a history of testing with the scenarioHow am I supposed to create IPv6 PDU?

OPEN by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

So this is what my network looks like,ONR (huawei hg8240t5 router cannot be disabled) ->  c921-4p -> switches etc. etc.'If I connect directly to my ONR and try to browse IPv6 websites it works fine, I can even see my ipv6 address.My ONR is already do...

iewhf02i by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Alright!So we have a customer demanding we turn of ipv6 completely, which we do as best to our ability on all devices. The problem is that customer connects their devices to the network sometimes without turning of ipv6 beforehand. This causes the de...

Windroz by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! IPv6 subnetting

Hello IT Guys!imagine this is the Global unicast ipv6 address taken from ISP1 (2a00:1:a:b:0000:0000:0000:0001:/64) I know the subnetting can be done after 48 bit in subnet id 16 bit.When i borrow one bit from interface id as follow (2a00:1:a:b:7000:0...

I have configured 2 /64 subnets, each consisting of one router and one VPCS. The only command I inserted in the VPCS was ip auto. For some reason, they didn't configure themselves using EUI-64. The global unicast address looks like it almost used EUI...

I have been trying to display current IPv6 connections with the GetExtendedTcpTable() method from Windows, but I'm not getting it to display any IPv6 Addresses. I only found code on how to display current IPv4 connections, so what I did is change the...

hi together,how does one completely disable all ipv6 functionality of a switch? we do not use ipv6, we do not want to use ipv6 at the moment. the switches flood the network with neighbor solicitation messages for 10% of the total traffic. i really ne...

jsblach by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm reading up for the CCNA, so that is the level of knowledge i have and understanding i'm going for.Recently i learned about the solicited-node multicast address. I learned that if your router needs to ping a neighbor and the router does not hav...

trane.m by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

during configuring the ipv6 on the router interface I notice the tentative state. Can someone make an explanation what is a tentative state for the ipv6 interface?Router#show ipv6 inter gigabitEthernet 0/1 GigabitEthernet0/1 is down, line protocol is...

hello and best regard I'm trying to learn ipv6 subnet after watch a lot videos i cant understand it can anyone solve this question?Ipv6 address block 2001:0DB3:ABCD::/48. perform IPV6 subnetting and list the first three subnets and first usable addre...

This question might be redundant of https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/lan-switching-and-routing/ipv6-link-local-address-issue/td-p/2692397 But I have not got a definitive answer.   RFC4291 section 2.4 states FE80::/10 as Link-Local address space whi...

sakar by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: