IPv6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Forum Posts

For those of you who recently sat your exam. I am curious as to how much IPv6 questions existed? According to the CCNA Blueprint topics, how much IPv6 did you actually encounter on the exam? Thanks to all for the valuable input!

rathuweli by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

If I ping tools.cisco.com it is successful via ipv4:ROUTER# ping tools.cisco.comType escape sequence to abort.Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 173.37.145.8, timeout is 2 seconds:!!!!!Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 62/62/...

Hello !I try to configure a static ipv6 address on the Cellular interface and get the following error message:"Can't add negotiated ipv6 address".Error message is also on an unconfigured Cellular interface ! (Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 16.09.08)i...

torles by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey guys, I am currently trying to setup IPv6 DMVPN alongside IPV4 DMVPN, in order to pass both address families. However there is no IPv6 NHRP command under tunnel interface.  I am able to create BGP peering in both address families just using IPV4,...

bozo.bogd by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The objective of this packet tracer is troubleshooting. I've found five problems with the ip route configuration for all the three routers. Now I can ping from any host to the other LANs over IPv4. But there is an issue with pinging from PC1 to the o...

farzadap by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-bess-ipv6-only-pe-design-00.html#name-test-3-e2e-ipv6-only-pe-ce-5.3.  Test-3 E2E IPv6-Only PE-CE, Global Table over IPv6-Only Core (4PE), 4to6 Softwire  ________ IPv6-Only _...

topo.png
Kagamigawa by Spotlight
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, imagine we have 2 mail relay that need to communicate and both are dual stack. What happens if the ipv6 communication is down between both end ? does the sender will try the ipv4 after a delay ?  

I have a very basic question about IPv6 prefix. Taking a very simple example about prefix notation:"2001:db8:abcd:0012::0/64"My question is: Do we call the whole thing under quote as prefix or just the value after back slash?In general term, I unders...

Hi! we have just setup some tunnels using IPv6 only and now I am trying to monitor those tunnels using snmp.Unfortunately pysnmp as well as check_eigrp (perl) are not so easy to use with IPv6.So I am trying to work myself into this topic.I am using s...

Hello Dears, I have an interface on my ASR9K router with a duplicate IPV6 link-local address, and when I add the link-local address manually, the conflict doesn't disappear and the interface is still down.  Bundle-Ether(x.x)  is Up, ipv6 protocol is ...