IPv6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Forum Posts

I am currently setting up a network for a demo system and IPV6 has been identified as a requirement to be shown to be working. The requirement is to show one device working in IPV6. I have not used IPV6 previously and even though I would like to lear...

We are planning on enabling ipv6 First Hop Security. We are considering following options- SISF  based device tracking- RA Guard- IPv6 DHCP Guard a. Are these sufficient for access switches? Is there anything else we should considering SISF is compre...

S891 by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey guys, I have a question in regard to link local only routing like described in RFC7404.In my Setup I use VLAN Interfaces for End-Host Networks which just have a link-local address and advertise the GUA Prefix via RAs with just the "on-link" flag ...

LeonardW by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI want to know information about older versions of theip v1- ip v2 ip v3 What is the difference between them and what is the domain of addresses in them and how much dedicated to the network addresses and how much dedicated to address the host a...

ali-maz by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,       In a setup with a router 2901 and a L3 Switch C3750G (take a look at the image) both setup with OSPFv3 and assigned with both global unicast and link local addr. I can ping from the router to the switch and vice versa. Debugging hello pack...

OSPFv3 problem.png

I'm using IPV6 to configure a few routers and when trying to ping the connection to make sure everything is working the command ping ipv6 (address) produces the result of "translating (address)" An example of the address I'm using is 2001:EE:1:1::1/6...

Alex Hall by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! IPV6 SLAAC

Hi, im trying to implement IPV6 SLAAC on both routers in order to give the autoconfiguration to the rest of the laptops. I went trough the method but no luck so far, when I go to autoconfig for ipv6 on the computers nothing pops up. Thanks in advance

Mohax by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I would like to know if there is a way to define an IPv6 source interface for DNS requests initiated from the router.The following command exist :ip domain lookup source-interface <interface>My router is in a dual-stack configuration and I woul...

Thomas P by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

IOS 15.4(3)M8. I found out the hard way that as soon as any vrrp3 IPv6 group is enabled on an interface (and so a link-local VIP is created), router immediately stops sending out RAs from the physical link-local address and starts sending them from t...

Hello people, I've been having trouble making OSPF and EIGRP work in the same topology. I managed to make EIGRP work between Laptop0 and R2, but once I configured OSPF between PC0 and R2, EIGRP stopped working. Here is a screenshot of the topology an...

image.png image.png
melve by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I ran across a curious occurence as I was 'playing' with ipv6 on my lab. Specifically, I noticed that, when using the 'ipv6 general-prefix' feature, deleted prefixes do not seem to disappear from 'other routers'.   Example:   On R1 I configured sever...

mmanthe by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

HiI have DHCPv6-PD implementation over PPPoE on my Cisco 1002-x whic is working perfectly.I want to enable OPTION_PD_EXCLUDE on my configuration. Is this something that i should enable on the config or else. ...........Appreciate any help.

maileh by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I would like some help on IP addressing, class and masks of IPv4.I recently had a test in my high school on IPv4/Networking and totally failed the first exercise (I'm in a french HS if that's relevant).I believe that the given IP and CIDR combina...

Anthony4 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes