IPv6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Forum Posts

Hi everyoneI have recently setup IPv6 routing on my Cisco 4500x and ran into problem for calculating the rate of traffic.i have 2 Vlan Interfaces which are for ipv4 and ipv6 routing. the "counter" command is applied to both interfaces.the Vlan interf...

Hello everyone,I created this Packet Tracer with IPv6 pool created on R1 and R2 used as a relay, with ipv6 server command issued on interface g0/0/0.10Automatically assigning of ipv6 works , but the 2 hosts that are in vlan10 have the same exact IPv6...

Dear Genius,Hope you well.This is my router configuration :!ipv6 unicast-routingipv6 dhcp pool VLAN-100address prefix 2001:DB8:E640:A:B::/80dns-server 2001:DB8:E640::1domain-name seddeeq.com!interface Ethernet0/0no ip addressipv6 address FE80::1 link...

Default Gateway.png
Siddique by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! STATEFUL NAT64

My LAN side running IPV6 and WAN side IPV4. I want to access internet from my IPV6-only host. I have attached my topology. If need i can change the topology. ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1 // To R2 For internet!interface Ethernet0/1ip address 1...

Siddique by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello experts, Please advise on how I can configure cisco router to perform static nat between IPv6 address and private IPv4 address, so that server inside the network can be accessed from internet using the IPv6 address. I read about NAT-PT does thi...

Learner09 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! OSPFv3 in ipv4

Hi, I am doing OSPFv3 in IPv4 Network, for my topology i have area 3 connected with area 2, i want to run virtual link between area3to area 0, pls help me how can i do that

topo1.jpg

In terms of "work the host has to do", I would say that there is no difference between all the methods EXCEPT for manual, they are all automatic and decided by the upstream devices.Manual requires someone to actually configure the IPs, but all other ...

Hello, does anyone know how the router derive the interface id for loopback interfaces if I were to use eui-64 format? Since loopback interfaces don't have a mac address. Thanks in advance!

john11022 by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

Do any current cisco equipment support 464xlat?    My goal is to either transition to ipv6 or even better start with ipv6. My understanding is if there's applications that need ipv4, 464xlat can take care of them in some instances.

We are rolling out IPv6 in our network. When a client is assigned both an IPv6 address and an IPv4 address, it doesn't get any IPv4 traffic. If it is only assigned an IPv4 address, the IPv4 traffic works as it should. IPv6 traffic works normally in a...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: