IPv6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Forum Posts

Hello everyone, I can`t understand the process of layer3 to layer2 address resolution in IPv6. In order to make a Layer-2 (eg. Ethernet) delivery, it needs to know the target host's hardware address (eg. "Ethernet MAC address"). But in order to do t...

furkan023 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All! have a challenge...Am working of MS UAG DirectAccess and we have 6 sites out there.The requirement was to also have manage-out functionality working.To get this done we have 1 global ISATAP cloud. In each Datacenter we have a Cisco 2800 runni...

From the cisco configuration guide;Perform this task to enable the DHCPv6 relay agent function and specify relay destination addresses on an interface. SUMMARY STEPS 1. enable 2. configure terminal 3. interface type number 4. ipv6 dhcp relay dest...

k.lingiah by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 1841 for home / practice use running  "c1841-advipservicesk9-mz.124-24.T3 IOS"Although i have enabled ipv6 unicast-routing when i switch to int dot11radio i cannot seemto be able to execute any ipv6 commands. I want to configure ipv6 for all...

nemiath76 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi  everybody.I am trying to establish a virtual link between R3 and R2 so area 2 can connect to area 0 and R1 will learn R4's loopback prefix 2000::4/128.Detail is given below:R1--s0/0---area 0---s0/0-R2--s0/1--area 1---s0/1-R3--s0/0---area 2-----s0...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,A while back the general advise was to assign a /64 for each and every VLAN. I still believe this to be true and a correct advise for all VLANs that connect end-users (because of auto address features and temporary addresses).But is this still tru...

etamminga by Spotlight
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Everyone,In short: I am trying to get ipv4 and ipv6 over PPPoE running on my PIX515e.Heres a bit more info about my setup and the scenario:My internet provider (residential) has offered me a dual-stack service on my ADSL.I get a STATIC ipv4 addres...

I am trying to utilize NBAR protocol-discovery to determine what application are active on a lan segment to include IPv4/IPv6 traffic.My router does not support NBAR for IPv6. Upgrading is not an option yet.  NBAR allows for custom filters so I want ...

fsebera by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, does anybody know what is exactly Cisco IP6FD and where to get documentation about it? It's a Cisco Certification or just a course?Is there official documentation? Thanks!!---Posted by WebUser José Manuel Garrido Malagón

I am little confused about the IPv6 temporary address. From my understanding, by default both Win7 and MAC comuputers generate IPv6 temporary address once they learn a prefix from RA message. And more imporant, they will use the temporary address as ...

zhenningx by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I just brought up a ipv6ip tunnel to Hurricane Electric to help me begin to learn about IPv6.The only debug command I have found for this type of tunnel is debug tunnel.  I have found several show commands that give some info but I was looking for so...

Hi,Few concepts that I want to clarify on IPv6 multi homing-Scenario- I am an enterprise network and depend on ISPs for my internetI currently own a class B IPv4 address space from APNIC.I currently multi home with 2 ISPs for IPv4 www|WWW|| ISP1 | |I...

Hello , I am trying to setup nat-pt so that an ipv6-only network can communicate with an ipv4-only network and vice-versa.I have followed the cisco ipv6 configuration guide ''Enabling Traffic to be Sent from an IPv6 Network to an IPv4 Network without...

k.lingiah by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: