cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP IPv6 Configuration

GSuarez0514_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hoping someone can help me out here.  We have 2-6500 running VSS and also running VRF Lite.  The IOS version we are running is: s72033-advipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-33.SXJ2.  We have recently enabled IPv6 and I am trying to enable "IPv6 router eigrp  x" which works fine but when i try to enable "IPv6 eigrp x" on a Vlan I recieved an unsupported error.  Example below:

ipv6 router eigrp 1

eigrp router-id 1.1.1.1

no shut

Vlan100

vrf forwarding DMZ

ip address 192.1168.1.1 255.255.252.0

ipv6 address 2444:4444:4444:4444::1/56

ipv6 enable

end

When i enter the "ipv6 eigrp 1" on the  the SVI it errors out.  Any idea's?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jimbaile
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To use EIGRP as a PE-CE protocol for IPv6 you need to use the named EIGRP configuration.  Please check out the info at the following URL -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/iproute_eigrp/configuration/15-sy/ire-ip6-vrf-lte.html.  Note here that this feature is not supported in the release that you mention.  You will need to upgrade to 15.1(1)SY which is the first release to support both the Sup 2T and Sup 720.

hth,

-jim

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Peter Koltl
Level 7
Level 7

I don't think it's related but you should must use /64 prefix length everywhere.

jimbaile
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To use EIGRP as a PE-CE protocol for IPv6 you need to use the named EIGRP configuration.  Please check out the info at the following URL -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/iproute_eigrp/configuration/15-sy/ire-ip6-vrf-lte.html.  Note here that this feature is not supported in the release that you mention.  You will need to upgrade to 15.1(1)SY which is the first release to support both the Sup 2T and Sup 720.

hth,

-jim

Thank you.  I ended doing more research and realized that we need to upgrade to the 15.1 train. 

Thanks for the response.

gs