Views
Helpful
Replies

Employment question

Abdul salaam
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I have studied CCNA and CCNP and got my certification and I'm fully able to manage enterprise network based on CCNP 350-401 and CCNA 200-301, I have hands on lab and fully practiced.

Now I don't know what is my position in IT field and what kind of job I'm entitle for ?

Thank you

4 Replies 4

Hello,

Just to be clear, you are never entitled to any job, anywhere. The certification and experience will possibly get you interviews for many kinds of jobs ranging from help desk, to NOC admin but it will never guarantee anything.

When you say you are able to fully manage a network according to CCNA/CCNP does that mean you have experience being a network admin/tech at a job? Or are you talking labs as in Packet tracer and simulations.

Having certs and no experience will usually not qualify you for a higher up job  as most companies wont hire a CCNP to manage the network with no prior experience.

Also I don't think the IPv6 channel is the appropriate channel for this question. 

Hope that helps

-David

Yes, I have experience of junior network engineer, I have hands on lab in real networks not simulations.

Now, What position is suitable for me ? 

Thank you 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I agree with @David Ruess

No one is going to take a CCNP/CCIE interview candidate seriously if the person has never held a job.  

Abdul salaam
Level 1
Level 1

Now I'm seeking advise from which step should I begin my job ? I understand company hire Engineers with experience, I never relied on Packet tracer, All my labs done/ doing still with real lab.

What position now suits me will to grow my carrier for future promotions ?

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: