cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ipv6 DHCP not automatically renewing

rongarret
Level 1
Level 1

While troubleshooting a failure of ipv6 on my RV325, I noticed this error message: "Could not get prefix from ISP." which appeared under "LAN ipv6 address" on the "system summary" page.  Both WAN ports *did* have IPv6 addresses and default gateways assigned, but ipv6 was nonetheless not working.  On a hunch, I clicked on the manual "Renew" button for each of the WAN connections, and suddenly ipv6 started working.

My question is: why did this not happen automatically?  Is there a setting I need to set so that I don't have to manually renew my ipv6 DHCP leases?

1 Reply 1

lizazampa
Level 1
Level 1

And if an organization is using DHCP (RFC 2131) to lease IPv4 addresses to ... However, IPv6 won't change the number of hosts on a network, but rather, ... We should also note that end-nodes perform a renewal of their lease ... the RA indicates that Stateless Address Auto-Configuration (SLAAC) is used. click here

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: