Views
Helpful
Replies

IPv6 on CIsco 7200 VXR series router

Rajeev Ranjan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends,

I want to know, whether cisco 7200vxr router support ipv6? I want to use both ipv4 and ipv6. In that case whats about the performance.

Do i need IOS upgradation to acheive this implementation.

2 Replies 2

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rajeev,

Yes this platform supports IPv6. Release choice and performance impact first depends on which IPv6 feature you want to deploy and  your environment.

You should start with the Feature Navigator to find the right release and then work with your Cisco account team so they may provide you some info about what performance to expect in your context when you will test the solution.

HTH

Laurent.

Hi -

Our s/w development group is in the process of implementing ipv6 support in our products, and would like to use our Cisco 2650XM running ITP s/w for ipv6 interoperability tests.

However, it appears that ipv6 is not supported in this s/w version:

ITP1#sh version

Cisco IOS Software, C2600 Software (C2600-ITPK9-M), Version 12.4(15)SW2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2008 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Tue 23-Sep-08 19:48 by prod_rel_team

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(7r) [cmong 7r], RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

ITP1#config

Configuring from terminal, memory, or network [terminal]?

Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.

ITP1(config)#ipv6 ?

% Unrecognized command

My question is: Can I use this s/w version on the 2650XM in an ipv6 network? Do I need to upgrade the s/w?

Thanks,

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: