cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LISP IPv4 EID as NAT64

krun_shah
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to do NAT64 with LISP EID space. Is it supported?

Attached is my configuration.

I am using a tunnel brocker service for pure IPv6 connectivity. I want to do a stateless NAT64 for connectivity with IPv4 internet. The IPv4 prefix that I am using for NAT64 to map IPv4 to IPv6 is EID space from LISP beta network. The reason why I would like to do this is for mobility and not having to run dual stack on server which servers guys are most afraid of. If I do not add a Null0 route for EID space, "lig self ipv4" fails. If I add it then NAT64 fails because I get "Destination host unreachable message" while pinging to IPv4 EID space.

Any thoughts suggestions?

4 Replies 4

Andrew Yourtchenko
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you add "no ip unreach" on null0 interface - this would turn "drop + send unreachable" into simply "drop" - which should make the hosts happy ?

I do not want that packet to drop I want to decapsulate LISP packets destined to 153.16.31.82 then traslate into

2001:470:1D:A8B:250:56FF:FE01:487. I do not see anything in debug nat64 translations.

I was alluding to the fact that you said the hosts complain about the "Destination host unreachable message" - and my thinking was that if the unreachable is the only artifact that prevents this from working, disabling it under null0 might help. But I think it was a bit more of a haphazard idea - if the LISP did pick up the packet, it probably would not have hit the code that generates the unreachable ? Anyway worth the quick try if you already have the setup.

No help.

MHS-CSR1000v-test#config t

Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.

MHS-CSR1000v-test(config)#int null0

MHS-CSR1000v-test(config-if)#no ip unreachables

MHS-CSR1000v-test(config-if)#end

MHS-CSR1000v-test#wr

Building configuration...

[OK]

MHS-CSR1000v-test#debug nat64 all

NAT64 debugging is on

MHS-CSR1000v-test#term mon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: