cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Get the latest Cisco news in this December issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Cannot log in from iPad. Mac's ok

I signed up an account and downloaded the mac client. I was able to sign in and make/receive video calls.

I've tried to login using Cisco Jabber for iPad and provided the following settings.

Username: xxxxxx@jabber.com

Password: xxxxx

Internal server address: https://sjc1-movi-pr-bootproxy-vip.ciscojabbervideo.com/endpoint/configuration

External server address: {empty}

SIP domain: jabber.com

However I can't log in - the iPad says connection timed out.

Anybody managed to do this succesfully on the iPad?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Collaborator

Re: Cannot log in from iPad. Mac's ok

I take it you are using the sign-in option to the left; "Individual Accounts" - in which case you don't specify internal server address nor domain, just log in with your jabber.com username and password.

Both the jabber.com and the on-prem (Company Provided Accounts) versions works fine for me on iPad.

You won't be able to sign in to multiple devices with the same jabber.com account though - and, your iPad is using Wi-Fi, not 3G?

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Collaborator

I take it you are using the sign-in option to the left; "Individual Accounts" - in which case you don't specify internal server address nor domain, just log in with your jabber.com username and password.

Both the jabber.com and the on-prem (Company Provided Accounts) versions works fine for me on iPad.

You won't be able to sign in to multiple devices with the same jabber.com account though - and, your iPad is using Wi-Fi, not 3G?

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

Beginner

Thanks Jen, it worked!

I was actually signing in using the Company-Provided Accounts, as I had a company account on the UCM. Switching over to Individual Accounts when using the jabber.com account solves it!

- Kelvin