cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Cannot log in from iPad. Mac's ok

I signed up an account and downloaded the mac client. I was able to sign in and make/receive video calls.

I've tried to login using Cisco Jabber for iPad and provided the following settings.

Username: xxxxxx@jabber.com

Password: xxxxx

Internal server address: https://sjc1-movi-pr-bootproxy-vip.ciscojabbervideo.com/endpoint/configuration

External server address: {empty}

SIP domain: jabber.com

However I can't log in - the iPad says connection timed out.

Anybody managed to do this succesfully on the iPad?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Collaborator

Re: Cannot log in from iPad. Mac's ok

I take it you are using the sign-in option to the left; "Individual Accounts" - in which case you don't specify internal server address nor domain, just log in with your jabber.com username and password.

Both the jabber.com and the on-prem (Company Provided Accounts) versions works fine for me on iPad.

You won't be able to sign in to multiple devices with the same jabber.com account though - and, your iPad is using Wi-Fi, not 3G?

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.
2 REPLIES 2
Collaborator

I take it you are using the sign-in option to the left; "Individual Accounts" - in which case you don't specify internal server address nor domain, just log in with your jabber.com username and password.

Both the jabber.com and the on-prem (Company Provided Accounts) versions works fine for me on iPad.

You won't be able to sign in to multiple devices with the same jabber.com account though - and, your iPad is using Wi-Fi, not 3G?

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.
Beginner

Thanks Jen, it worked!

I was actually signing in using the Company-Provided Accounts, as I had a company account on the UCM. Switching over to Individual Accounts when using the jabber.com account solves it!

- Kelvin