cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Free Jabber not dialing a registered C40

Problem Details: Cisco Jabber registered to cloud will not dial into a C40 codec through VCSe and VCSc. It will successfully dial if registered to another VCSc/VCSe combination

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Rahul,

Did you register your VCSe's domain?  Can you do an nslookup?

Thanks,

Rick Mai

Highlighted

Yes, it is registered per deployment guide - A record and SRVs pointing to A record host.

Highlighted

I have the same issue.  This stopped working about 3 months ago.  I can't seem to reach any of the beta clients and they can't seem to be able to call into any of my codecs that are behind VCSe and VCSc.

Highlighted

Hi,

I was able to resolve my issue: the problem was the domain portion of the 5 SRV records did not match the domain A record of the target host.

Once this was resolved, calling works both ways with no issues.

Highlighted

Rahul - Thanks for the information.  But can you ellaborate on this a little more.  Is this a change on our codec configurations, our serv records, or VCS configuration?

Also I have no problem getting calls from the outside from other systems but they are probably connecting to me via h.323 and not SIP.

Highlighted

Christian - This was a fresh intall, so the person who did the DNS portion may not have followed the deployment guide of the VCS-es to the letter. So when I did an nslookup, set type=all, etc etc and looked up all six services, viz., h323ls/rs/cs and sip udp/tcp/sips had a record that looked like this:

service.proto.example.com,

but the target A record was vcse.video.example.com

They also expressed inability to edit the SRVs, so the workaround was to change all DNS entries across the board. VCSc, VCSe (DNS setup, transforms, regexes), TMS, TCS, codecs -- in short anything that used video.example.com was changed.

Once this was done, everything started working. Hope that helps.