cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

How do I set up a multipoint TP with Jabber as 1 endpoint?

I'm trying to set up a multipoint TP where I'll be one of the endpoints - how do I do this?  I tried to set up a scheduled video bridge to get a manual bridge that I can dial into, but it's asking for at least 1 Tandberg endpoint, which I don't have.    I'd seen another thread with a similar question - how to dial into a scheduled TP session from Jabber video - & the answer was that they needed a short document - is that document with instructions now available?

Thanks in advance.

Amber       

3 REPLIES 3
Beginner

In case anyone else reads this, I found the answer...  In the schedule bridge request form http://wwwin-tools.cisco.com/ETIT/tpenti/interOpBridgeRequest.do?action=default, you select Cisco TelePresence Movi & then the number of points that will use Jabber...

Cisco Employee

Is there any external user multipoint support?  Customer asking if the Ciscojabbervideo.com portal will support multipoint calls?

Contributor

Today the jabber.com video addresses do not support multipoint. We are using an external bridge service for these type of calls. The one that seems to work the best for us has been Blue Jeans (http://bluejeans.com/). They recently added SIP URI support so jabber.com clients can connect. This can get expensive when done on an ad-hoc (pay-as-you-go basis) so we only use it when >4 participants are needed. Usually we just multipoint our jabber.com clients in a room based system via VCS. This, of course, assumes you have VCS and a multipoint license on a room based system.