cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Jabber 4.3 not recognizing webcam from new Macbook Air's

Same case with a new Macbook and Cisco Jabber 4.6. Interestingly the Windows version with Parallels 8 detects well the camera in the same laptop.

Cisco Employee

+1 for same issue.  Quick fix will really be appreciated.

I'm also finding that an external USB camera can't be detected by the Jabber Video app on the MB Air.  Does that make sense with Apple's switch the PCI internal camera or do I also have a camera issue at same time?

Beginner

I have a Cisco Tandberg Precision HD webcam and it is NOT working with Jabber 4.6 either. I have OSX 10.9.

Beginner

Same issue here. My work aound - I use the Cisco external camera.  It is not picked up right away, however it does get picked up within 1 minute of connecting to the Macbook Air.  I use the Air to lighten my bag; carrying camera not ideal.  Waiting impatiently for fix.

I did a little digging within the app itself and it appears the root of the issue may be with the framework this app is built on...it's not a CISCO-only problem.

The core of the video streaming capabilties are built form here:

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/

and attribution:

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/apps/

Movi

TANDBERG Movi is a professional video conferencing system, supporting HD video and Echo Cancellation.

So it's possible we must wait for updates from the gstreamer folks before we see resolution. Travis can you confirm either way?

This also explains why the client is so feature-poor. No addressbook pushing to the client like with the expensive endpoints :/

JB

Beginner

I'am getting more and more confused about using a camera (internal and external) with MacBook Air (Mid 2013).

I like to share with you my observations regarding Skype and Cisco Video clients on new macBook Air:

- Skype went well from the beginning (internal and external camera)

- Cisco Jabber Video client didn't recognize an internal nor an external camera

After installing the MacBook Air supplemental update for 10.8.5 (released 3-Oct-13):

- Skype was only recognizing the external camera

- Cisco Jabber Video client was also recognizing the external camera

To get the internal camera working I followed a hint and installed the combo Update for 10.8.5:

- Skype is working brilliant with internal and external camera

- Cisco Jabber Video client is no longer recognizing any kind of camera

Installing the supplemental update again doesn't changed anything

Cisco Employee

Hello to everyone on this post,

The Cisco Jabber release 4.7 to resolve this issue will be available to download on 10/18/13.

Regards,

Jason

Beginner

Awesome. I hope this works on OS 10.9 too.

Beginner

Re: Jabber 4.3 not recognizing webcam from new Macbook Air's

Are we still looking at the client being released today? I don't see it up there quite yet, but it is early in the day.

Thanks for the info.

Cisco Employee

Hello Everyone,

This has been delayed.  Hopefully this will be up sometime next week.  I'll post when the file is actually available.

Regards,

Jason

Highlighted
Enthusiast

It's now the end of "next week". Any updates?

Cisco Employee

Hi All,

I am now being told Jabber Video 4.7 will release next week.  I will post the link as soon as it becomes available.  I do not have an exact date, so please wait for my post.

Thank you,

Jason

Macbook Pro users are affected with the latest operating system update.

Beginner

Hopefully Jabber Video for Mac 4.7 is released soon.  It is already 10/30/2013.  And I have to use it at work next Monday.

As a work-around I may have to use an older computer or use my iPad.

Cisco Employee