cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Announcement“Cisco design thinking workshop”. “Cisco Small Business is excited to invite its silicon Valley customers to an exclusive interactive one-day session between customers and product Managers.  If you are interested in this exclusive workshop, please fill out the registrations . For more information, please check out our FAQ

Get the latest new and information the November issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Re: Jabber 4.3 not recognizing webcam from new Macbook Air's

Thanks, works great on 10.9 too!

Beginner

Jabber 4.3 not recognizing webcam from new Macbook Air's

Thank you, Jason!

Please note that old versions of Jabber Video is still available for download from Cisco, e.g. here: https://www.ciscojabbervideo.com/download/id/ff8080813abef9ea013f7f819b017eb5

As of Nov. 21st 2013, this page downloads version 4.6, while the current release is 4.7.

Cisco Employee

Jason,

4.7 works great!  Any suggestions on how to stop application always wanting to upgrade to what is says is the latest version (4.5.7.xxxx) whenever I open it? 

Thanks...Mark

Beginner

Two steps forward, one step back.

Now it wants to "update" 4.7.4 to 4.6.3.

Beginner

Thanks very much! I had this

Thanks very much! I had this problem on my late 2014 rMBP, and updating to the latest maintenance release (4.8.8.18390) from this link fixed the problem.

I'd like to see the fix incorporated into a stable release available from the front page, though: most of my colleagues work on Macs, and it took a lot of forum hunting (as well as signing up for a Cisco account on top of my Jabber one) to find the solution. It seems odd that 4.6 is still offered as the current stable release, given this discussion is over a year old.

Re: Jabber 4.3 not recognizing webcam from new Macbook Air's

Confirmed working on MacOS 10.9 GM and RTM (builds 13A598 and 13A603).

Thanks guys! I can sign off on 10.9 for my org now.

Beginner

Thanks for the fix. Looks like it is working well with both my Macbook Pro internal camera and the one built into my display.

Beginner

Just recently got a request to use this software to communicate with my physician.  They sent me a link for 4.6 but I have a macbook pro and experience the failure in video functionality.  I followed the links in this thread to download the latest 4.7 however now I'm getting an error that the software cannot connect to server.  If I uninstall and reinstall 4.6 I can connect.  Any thought?

Cisco Employee

Hi Allen,

If you haven't gotten this fixed yet, the internal server setting did not move over from 4.6 to 4.7 based on what you have described.  Go to settings and update the Internal Server to the following:

https://boot.ciscojabbervideo.com/endpoint/configuration

Regards,

Jason

I've tested the 4.7 Jabber video client on a Mac Pro 10.9.1 and it works like a charm.  Both the internal FaceTime HD camera and an external Microsoft camera are working.

One problem I do see, and the reason I found this post, was that the client I downloaded from the ciscojabbervideo.com page was still the 4.6 client. 

Just my 2 cents.

Beginner

But can you make calls though

But can you make calls though?  I am unable to connect to my company bridge on any version other than the stable/approved version 4.6.  So the camera may work in 4.7 or even 4.8 now, but I can not make a call.

This is really lazy on Cisco's part to not fix this and apparently the official word I am getting from WebEx support is that they do not care.

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi lfox@insp.com,If you are

Hi lfox@insp.com,

If you are using Cisco Webex Telepresence cloud service, then you are correct.  The latest supported version is still only 4.6.3.  Upgrading to the later versions of 4.7 and 4.8 will exhibit the issues are you seeing.  The engineering team is still working on integrating the latest version of 4.8.

On a side note, your issue is posted to the wrong forum.  This forum is only for the free Cisco Jabber Video beta cloud service.

Any future issues regarding Cisco Webex Telepresence should be posted here:
https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/4686/webex-telepresence

Regards,
Jason