Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

No recieve video or audio on new jabber accounts

Hi

I created a jabber account when it was first released and this work fine, one of my customer created a jabber account yesterday adn they do not recieve vidoe or audio when the call a MXP on public IP.

I decided to create a new test account today and my new account has the same problem, I have called the same MXP and also a EX90 with the saem result. I sign out and sing in with my original jabber account and all works fine.

Has anyone else seen this. Has something changed in the provisioning for new accounts ?

Thanks in Advance

Garvan

64 REPLIES 64
Highlighted

Hi Brian,

I am a bit at a loss.  You mention Cisco Jabber 9.6, which is a Webex product.  This software is not compatible with the @jabber.com service for loggin in.  You can only use the Cisco Jabber Video for Telepresence software version 4.6 for Windows or 4.7 if you have MAC OS 10.9. 

There is a certificate requirement for B2B calling, which requires a cert from the following site.  Not sure if this is the cause for the no audio/video calls, but if your issue started when you changed the cert for the adoption of Cisco Jabber 9.6 that would be the first place to check.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-23938

Hope some of these help.  If not, sip debugs need to be analyzed from the Cisco Jabber for Telepresence software.  I have attached two files to help with gathering those from a PC and a MAC.  You can send the log output via a private message to me.

Regards,

Jason

Highlighted

Same identical problem as everyone else is reporting this month.  I would challenge that it started earlier than March 1 though as my initial attempts were Feb 26, 2014

Changed logs.ini to refelct

[SIP]

Level=DEBUG

logged out and back in again  SIP file still 0kb

Message in Audit.log file is many of these at different ports

2014-03-04 12:09:59,234 Signaling

Sending REGISTER for derrickyoung@jabber.com to proxy.global.jabber.com using transport auto

2014-03-04 12:10:01,190 ICE

TURN allocation FAILED for conn 26782, server: 109.205.14.14:3478

2014-03-04 12:10:01,440 ICE

TURN allocation FAILED for conn 116080, to 37.252.209.4:3478

Highlighted

Hi Jason,

We are having the same issue. I tested from an iPad with jabber video app Version 9.3.5 (21666), over a public internet connection. It works fine with my account which was created some time ago. When I test with the customer account or a new jabber video account on the same iPad the account cannot receive any audio or video. It is certainly an account issue.

Ivica

Highlighted

Hi Jason - I don't really see the point in investing any more time into troubleshooting this issue.  The simple fact is that newly created accounts dont work, older accounts do work.  It's that simple, and until somebody at Cisco is willing to acknowledge this I'm done with the service.

Highlighted
Beginner

Dear Jason

I have the same issue too. My original account is fine, my customer's account cannot receive any video or audio. I use my ipad and NB to login her account, I see the same problem. It's apparent that it's not about her NB or iPad version, its about the account. Pls let me know if Cisco have any limitation or qulification for applying for Jabber video account?

Claire

Highlighted
Beginner

Still having problems with the Jabber Guest today.  Does anyone else use something besides Jabber Guest to call into their Cisco Codecs?  Skype or Lync?

Highlighted

We have this problem too, is there a 100% reliable answer because we can connect to some clients and not others, the Telepresence System, SW ver. of Jabber Video are the same on the test machines and the same VCS Express is being used in both cases.

Can't seem to find any logical explanation for this.

We realize this is a BETA solution but when is Cisco going to make a concrete statement on this potentially very useful environment??

Highlighted

Hi Everyone,

I did some testing of my own and I can replicate this issue.  I created a new account today and saw the no audio/video issue.  This is completely different from the original issue reported.  However, now that I can gather the data myself I will gather the logging and escalate this issue.

I will provide updates as they are provided.

Regards,

Jason

Highlighted

Great Jason that you can reproduce the error. Would it be posible to post any ETA's on getting this fixed? We have a few meetings coming up in our company and it would be really useful to have this working.

Thanks!

Keith

NBN Co.

Highlighted

Hi Keith,

I will provide an ETA as soon as the Engineering Team working on this can provide one.  They are still working on this, but cannot tell me when the issue will be resolved.  When an ETA is available I will provide it.

Regards,

Jason

Highlighted

Are there any updates from the engineering team as of yet?

Highlighted

Hello,

Same problem here. Is there any news from TAC?

Regards,

Aleksei

Highlighted

I created today a new jabber account and i am still facing the same problem.

My systems setup is Jabber 4.8 (build 4.8.5.18088) on MAC OS X 10.9.2

Any change to have a solution from TAC / Cisco ?

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi A.Androul,

I created a new jabber account today and did not see any issues.  Were you calling another user on the @jabber.com domain or a user at a different SIP domain?

What happens if you try calling l2_6-port.bridge@webex.com?  Do you see a "welcome to webex telepresence company bridge" onscreen logo or a black screen?

If you see the logo then that means there is something else, like a firewall issue blocking your connection.

Please post your findings.

Jason

Highlighted

Hi jhirdel,

When i am calling l2_6-port.bridge@webex.com i receive the "welcome to webex telepresence company bridge".

But when i am calling an old @jabber user (setup Mac OS X Mountain Lion & Jabber 4.6)  this user receive the message : No incoming video and not receiving audio

Thanks