cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Cisco Employee

Tandberg Edge 85 - Jabber video

Hi all,

My team is trying to get our tandberg edge 85 connected to the Jabber video network so we can have calls by ringing a @jabber.com address - like you would when using the application on Windows.

We're doing this so we can setup our own TP unit in one of our rooms without having to use the corporate settings.

Is this possible?

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Beginner

Hi Oliver,

Is the Edge system registered on a public VCS Expressway? Or is it public routable (registered on public IP or over NAT)?

If so, this will then be possible.

Thanks,

Arne

Cisco Employee

Hi Arne,

The unit has public ip handed out by DHCP

thanks

Highlighted
Beginner

If the Edge system isn't behind a strict firewall, try to call 1@publicipaddress (or systemname@publicipaddress) from your Jabber Free account.

The other option would be to utilize SRV records from DNS. So if you have a domain attached to the public IP address, you can update the _h323._ls and/or _sip._tcp (or encrypted _sip._tls) SRV records to it.

Send me a PM if you want me to debug with you (so we don't share your public IP publically).

Cheers,

Arne