cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Announcement“Cisco Design Thinking Workshop”. Cisco Small Business is excited to invite its Silicon Valley customers to an exclusive interactive one-day session between customers and product Managers.  If you are interested in this exclusive workshop, please fill out the Registration Form. For more information, please check out our FAQ

Get the latest new and information the November issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Re: TelePresence Software-4.6.3.17194 not working with GM seed O

Is there an update/fix for the software download at the www.ciscojabbervideo.com site? The download version still appears to be

http://sjc1-movi-pr-download-vip.ciscojabbervideo.com/JabberVideo4.6.3_17194.exe.

Cisco Employee

Hi Robert,

The download version for the ciscojabbervideo.com site will not change for now.  The ETA is early 2014.  So, anyone who needs the 4.7 release will need to get it from cisco.com.

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283613653&flowid=46186&softwareid=280886992&release=4.7.4.17771&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Regards,

Jason

Beginner

Some of our users are limited to the use of the download from the www.ciscojabbervideo.com site. Will these users have to switch to the 'enterprise' version of the software?

Cisco Employee

Hi Robert,

Unfortunately, yes.  Anyone who upgraded to OS X 10.9 will need to use the Enterprise version.  The 4.7 release works best if previous versions are removed first.

This includes the plist file and any cached folders.  I used  appcleaner to remove mine, but I am sure there are others out there.

Be sure not to remove anything Jabber or Cisco Jabber related, as these are completely different from Jabber Video. 

Regards,

Jason

Beginner

TelePresence Software-4.6.3.17194 not working with GM seed OS X

Thanks for the link. 4.7 works great for our education network.

Beginner

The new version works fine for Macbook pro but fails registration with Mac Pro:

Mac Pro

Mid 2010

Processor 2 x 2.66 Ghx 6-core Intel Xeon

Memory 32 GB 1333 MHZ DDR3

Sotfware OX 10.9

Please let us know what's wrong here

Cisco Employee

Hi Frederic,

I have a MAC Pro and do not see any issues.  Did you confirm the server settings are correct?

Jason

Beginner

Hi Jason,

I am able to log in with 4.6 but not with 4.7.  Furthermore I am able to login using 4.7 on my macbook pro using the same server.

Is there a change to be made to the server?  Or is there a setting in the Mac Pro with OS X 10.9 that would prevent the registration to succeed?

Thanks

Frederic

Cisco Employee

Hi Frederic,

There is nothing different.  We'll need to view the logs of the CJV client.  Please follow the instructions below and provide the zip file.  Since the logs may have some sensitive information, please send them via a private message.

Jason

Beginner

Jason,

Sent you an url to the logs in a private message.

Thanks

Frederic

Beginner

I installed the 4.7 and the video issue was fixed in my 10.9, but I have problem with the registration in our VCS Express (VCSC works fine but my VPN)

I'll try to connect to my office to verify the VCSe, may be is the appliance, not the Jabber.

I'll comment what I discovered

Saludos from CL
a.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Cisco Employee

Frederic and Andres,

You may need to  delete the plist file "com.cisco.JabberVideo" and reopen Cisco Jabber  Video to create a new file.  You should then be able to login. 

I was able to replicate this issue on my macbook using my @jabber.com account, and this was the workaround.

Regards,

Jason

Beginner

Jason,

I don't seem to have that file.  Where is it supposed to be located?

Frederic

Cisco Employee

Hi Frederic,

Your plist files are typically located within the following path:

users -> Home -> Library -> Preferences

Since this is a hidden file path, your best bet is to uninstall the Cisco Jabber Video app and any previous versions, and install the new version.

Jason

Beginner

Jason,

Yes that's what I thought, but I deleted the file earlier, thought the new version was using a new path.

Anyway, I deleted the plist with same results.  I then deleted the app.  I re-install it and verified there was no plist prior to launching the app.  Same results, still can't register.

Again, works fine on 4.6. 

One important point: I was able to get 4.7 to run outside the office network on my macbook pro.  I took the macbook inside the company's network and it can't register.  I would usually spend a lot of time and effort looking at the network, but since it registers fine on 4.6, it's something that you guys changed in the update.

Frederic