cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Mehdi Benbecher
Cisco Employee

What are the calling capabilities of the Free jabber video for Telepresence client ?

Hello there, I would like to understand what are the calling capabilities of the free Jabber video client.

Here are the different scenarios:

• •- Free Jabber Video to Free Jabber Video (SIP URI dialing) : Yes

• •- Free Jabber Video to Jabber Video Entreprise (SIP URI dialing) (Assuming customer has VCS-E or Starter Pack) : YES

• •- Free Jabber Video to any SIP, H323 or IP address room based systems (Assuming customer has VCS-E or Starter Pack): YES

• •- Free Jabber Video to SIP endpoint no VCS-E : ???

• •- Free Jabber Video to an H323 endpoint no VCS-E : ???

• •- Free Jabber Video to a public IP adress no VCS-E : ???

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Jens Didriksen
Engager

Free Jabber Video to SIP endpoint no VCS-E : ???

Yes, SIP URI dialling as long as the SIP end-point is registered with a SIP registrar, i.e VCS-C, relevant ports are opened on the firewall and appropriate SRV records are in place.

Otherwise dial IP address by prefixing IP address with something like test@ - i.e. test@123.456.7.8

Free Jabber Video to an H323 endpoint no VCS-E : ???

Yes, as long as end-point is registered to a Gatekeeper, i.e. VCS-C, relevant ports are opened on firewall and appropriate SRV records in place. Otherwise can dial IP address as per the above, however, SIP must be enabled on end-point.

(JV will first look for SIP SRV records, and if none found, H.323 SRV records, "A" and "AAA" DNS record lookup is not, as far as I know, supported.

Free Jabber Video to a public IP adress no VCS-E : ???

Yes, see above points.

The above is based on my own experiences with this client.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Hello Jens,

Can you tell me what happens in case my endpoints are not registered to a Proxy or to a Gatekeeper ?

Thanks again for you help

If they are not registered with a GK nor a SIP registrar, then they can only be reached using IP address dialling, but only if these are public IP addresses and SIP has been enabled on the end-point. So if you have an end-point with the public IP address off 123.456.7.8 then can connect to it by dialling something like test@123.456.7.8

It doesn't matter what you put in front of @, but it has to have something to prevent the client from appending it's own domain; i.e. if you dialled 123.456.7.8 then the client will try to connect to 123.456.7.8@jabber.com - which won't work.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Hi Jens,

in our case customer have SIP endpoint but no infrastructure VCS or other. They reach all endpoint by public IP Address.

Using the Jabber Video (not free) works fine by dialing the public ip address only

Using Jabber Video (Free) version, and going xyz@123.456.7.8 connect but no video and audio feed.

All firewall port are open but customer is doing external address to internal address (1 to 1) NAT.

I'm wondering if the free client have any issue with NAT that the regular customer doesn't

Tks to reply if you have any idea.

Pat

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Polls
When looking for support content like videos or documents, how do you arrive at our support content?
Help us support you!