Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for android

Hello Brothers,

currenly the company decided to install the cisco jabber for android on employees android phones.

I have installed the latest version from google app store and it worked fine for some devices and didn't for some others.

I have check the the google app store about supported phones which many were abit new "Ok good"

We will be using the phone service, so shall i trust the app information on the app store of the documents which is abit old.

we have currently cicsco cucm 11.0

1 Accepted Solution

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco documentation is the documentation that explains the actual compatibility for devices, any device that is not listed, was not tested by Cisco and can only be said that it * might * work

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco documentation is the documentation that explains the actual compatibility for devices, any device that is not listed, was not tested by Cisco and can only be said that it * might * work

HTH

java

Thank you Jaime, I got your point but one more question plz.

with that being said, Do I suposed to be covered and supported by Cisco regarding these phones issues ? 

Thank you

You'd have to discuss directly with TAC up to what point they'd assist on getting Jabber to work on devices that do not show as tested and supported.

HTH

java

@Jaime Valencia wrote:

You'd have to discuss directly with TAC up to what point they'd assist on getting Jabber to work on devices that do not show as tested and supported.

Thank you so much.

Hi Mohammad,
The Jabber service is a big subject having many details specially if it's used through outside premises through MRA or so, so it's not quite enough to just describe your issue by "no working" as a lot of more descriptive details are needed in order to get useful help.
but as the subject looks new to you, to keep it simple if the app works on some devices so most probably there is no version compatibility issues, and as a hint you can use reverse engineering to compare and find differences between device/users that have Jabber working and those haven't to point out the issue.

Thank you so much.
Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.