Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

819-IOx-SDK-Cookbook.docx

Views
Helpful
Comments

819-IOx-SDK-Cookbook.docx

Please note it may need to reboot after the completed router configuration in order for the Local Manager to become available.

Comments
Cisco Employee

Please do include a "complete" sample of the IOS configuration.

It's fine to go through each statements and explainiing the purpose of each, but a complete output of a show running-config would help.

Cisco Employee

Thanks Eric,

Will include running-config

Cisco Employee

Just add three comments for the doc after the successful application creation. FYI.

1. in Chapter 3 Requirements, it needs the package of "zlib" with the command of "apt-get install zlib1g-dev" to install it.

2. in Chapter 4.7, needs to replace "" with """ in line of "echo -n  “./factorial.bin &" >> $1/etc/rc.d/rc.local".

3. imgb.sh and packing.sh are in the folder of "/opt/ciscoiox/cisco_iox_sdk-x86_64-v0.1/tools/scripts/", and fakeroot is in "/opt/ciscoiox/cisco_iox_sdk-x86_64-v0.1/tools/bin". So make sure to set the related environment before running "imgb.sh xxxxxxx" to repackage the prebuilt rootfs with new created application. Usually you may simply run the below commands instead of running the script of "iox_sdk_env".

export IOX_SDK_HOME=/opt/ciscoiox/cisco_iox_sdk-x86_64-v0.1

export IOX_IMAGES_PATH="${IOX_SDK_HOME}/images/e500v2_linux_guest/archives/"

export PATH="${PATH}:${IOX_SDK_HOME}/tools/scripts:${IOX_SDK_HOME}/tools/bin"

Thanks,

Steve

Community Member

Hi,

I successfully deployed the application. How can I access the output? Regarding the example in the Cookbook the /data/app.log?

I have a command prompt in the Iox core...

Thanks,

Alessandro

Cisco Employee

Hi

In section 4.3 Configure Local manager Web Interface it incorrectly states to connect to the WAN interface GE with https port 8443.  However, I found that I could only connect to the host address that you configure under the IOX commands.

Thanks Greg

Cisco Employee

Hi Greg,

The description in the document is correct as the PAT entry was set. You may refer to Step 10 in Chapter 4.

Thanks,

Steve

Cisco Employee

That is correct!  I now see my mistake.  Because I had configured the unit without NAT I didn't see the PAT config.

Thanks!!!

Greg

Cisco Employee

Hi Steve,

after I insalled my OVA to 819, what can I configure under the Application Management System ?

under configuration tab this is there :

# App Config data goes in this file

is there any details on that ?

thanks

Levente

Cisco Employee

Hi Levente,

Are you mentioning the Application Manager (renamed to Fog Director now)?

You may refer to Cisco IOx Fog Director User Guide - Cisco for details.
And you may also use the Local Manager to manage the OVA applications for C819.

Thanks,

Steve

Cisco Employee

HI Steve,

no I meant the IOX app manager - which is on the https://x.x.x.x:8443 port,  there you can select you app, and click MANAGE, and the CONFIGURATION tab appears, - whats is this for ? can I create some kind of LINUX SHELL script maybe what can be launched by init.d  ?   

I am looking for a solution in case of the router reboot, becasue right now I need to start my python app manually from CLI...

Cisco Employee

Hi Levente,

You may refer to "copy_new_app()" in Chapter 4.7. The basic idea is to put your app in a specific folder so that it could be started automatically on the VM restarts. Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Steve

This widget could not be displayed.