cancel
Announcements

Error using UserService WSDL

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Swapna Shanigaram on 14-10-2009 04:47:36 AM
We are developing an internal application for creating/updating user accounts and profiles using the Cisco MeetingPlace SOAP API. To achieve this, we are using an inbuilt tool of the IBM RAD to generate the class file from User Service WSDL file.
Our Requirement:
We want to create and update the user profile in CISCO API but while updating we want to update only the VUPassword, WFPassword (i.e. User Password and the profile password) and TimeZone of the user. But while updating the user I am getting the Null Response error Message i.e No HTTP Response body is available. However I am able to get the userProfile from the server but not able to update the details back to the server.
The process I followed is
1. Created a dynamic web project with Struts2
2. The User Service WSDL file from Cisco website to a local folder and used it to generate class files using RAD.
3. Created a jsp with Struts2 to invoke webservice (code in available as Code_call_Webservice.txt)
4. The jsp would connect to the webservice
5. Get the profile from the user using method getUserProfile(UniqueID) of UserService.
6. Call updateUserProfile(CsUser) method of the UserService.
Following are the development Environment details:
1. IBM Rational Application Developer (Version: 7.0.0.1)
2. Websphere 6.1.0.23
3. Struts2
4. Web Service Runtime: IBM Websphere JAX-RPC
Please suggest what should be done to get this working.

Subject: RE: Error using UserService WSDL
Replied by: Scott Hraban on 21-10-2009 07:03:18 PM
Swapna,

The best thing to do would be to attach an infocap from your MeetingPlace Application Server for the time frame in which executing the request, along with a note about when the request was run. The logs that you have attached are unfortunately all from your and IBM's code, and does not tell us much about what is going on on the MeetingPlace server

That said, I have a few guesses about what might be going on. You are passing in a username for the uniqueID - usually a username is something like "jsmith", but the uniqueID is actually a numeric identifier. This is a shot in the dark as I am not sure what the value is that you are using for the uniqueID, but it is worth double checking. You can get the unique id using the username by calling the getUniqueUserId method.

Thanks,
--Scott

Replied by: Xiangji Bao on 21-10-2009 10:56:35 PM
Hi Swapna,

I looked at your code snippet and it looks ok. I used jaxws directly (with wsimport from jdk) and wrote a piece of code similar to yours. It runs and updates the password and timezone without problem. The problem can be the way you are using RAD. I don't have RAD so I can't repro with that.

At what point are you failing? Can you at least get some result, e.g., are you able to to get the user profile? It's a little hard to tell from your log. One suggestion is to try a simple operation like getVersion which doesn't require any argument.

-Jerry

Replied by: Swapna Shanigaram on 28-10-2009 05:09:30 AM
Thanks Jerry for the response.

I have tried with Java 6 Wsimport command. Then I I am able to add, delete and get user details but not able to addUser. It shows NullPointerException.

I also tried with JDK 1.5 and IBM Websphere 6.1 JAX RPC(which is our production server environment). I am able to add, delete and get user details but unable to updateUser.

I would be greatful if you can fix the issue on my environment. I am attaching the sourcecode that is generated using my enviroment. MpeWebServiceMain is the test class. the zip file also contains the errorlog I receive.

Replied by: Jerry Bao on 05-11-2009 12:32:11 AM
I can't find the MpeWebServiceMain code from your zip file.

The errorlog shows only java.rmi.RemoteException: WSWS3180E: Error: Null
response message. but no more details. Can you send the MeetingPlace
log as Scott suggests?

-Jerry

Thanks Jerry for the response.

I have tried with Java 6 Wsimport command. Then I I am able to add, delete and get user details but not able to addUser. It shows NullPointerException.

I also tried with JDK 1.5 and IBM Websphere 6.1 JAX RPC(which is our production server environment). I am able to add, delete and get user details but unable to updateUser.

I would be greatful if you can fix the issue on my environment. I am attaching the sourcecode that is generated using my enviroment. MpeWebServiceMain is the test class. the zip file also contains the errorlog I receive.

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad