Announcements

Maintenance -> Export Data

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Daniel Buschke on 07-09-2009 12:44:05 PM
Hi,
I'm looking for a way to automatically export data from CMP 7.0.2. I need the data that you can export on the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Administration Center from the the menu "Maintenance -> Export Data". I though that the SOAP API could provide that but I did not find anything.

Is there a way to do that via the SOAP API? Or is there another way to do that?

thanks in advanced
Daniel Buschke

Subject: RE: Maintenance -> Export Data
Replied by: Scott Hraban on 21-10-2009 06:35:05 PM
Daniel,

Most of the information that you can get through the export, you should also be able to get through the other SOAP API, although it will be in the same format as the exported data.

For instance, if you need the information available from exporting user groups, you could use the UserService in the SOAP API to retrieve that data.

Is there a particular piece of data that you are not able to locate, or is the issue that the format is different?

Thanks,
--Scott

Replied by: Giggesh Thekkekeloth on 05-11-2009 02:35:39 PM
Hi,
I'm looking for a way to automatically export data from CMP 7.0.2. I need the data that you can export on the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Administration Center from the the menu "Maintenance -> Export Data". I though that the SOAP API could provide that but I did not find anything.

Is there a way to do that via the SOAP API? Or is there another way to do that?

thanks in advanced
Daniel Buschke

Hi Daniel,

Do you have this issue,still open ?

I believe currently "importSystemConfiguration & exportSystemConfiguration" are the only exposed Soap Api's.

Please post for further queries.

Replied by: James Wilkinson on 27-04-2010 09:21:15 PM
Hi,

The problem I'm having is with Export User Profiles. I can get all the information I need by calling findUserProfileList, then getUserProfile on all the uniqueUserIDs in the summary results. The problem however is that it's extremely slow. On 38000 profiles the API will take several hours, whereas the user profile export takes about a minute.

I've tried various techniques to try and speed the process up using asynchronous service calls and multiple client threads, however nothing makes much difference.

Please can you advise if there's either a way of speeding the API up, or programmatically downloading the User Profile export.

FYI I'm running MP 8.

Thanks,
James

Replied by: Giggesh Thekkekeloth on 28-04-2010 11:37:46 AM
I am not seeing any API for this with MP7x. By the way, possibly you could do multi-threading to get the UserProfile after featching the userlist, anyways that may reduce the timespan by 10 or so, but still won't be comparable to that of GUI method.I am looking for a possible API introduced for this in MP 8.0 or any other more efficient method.Thanks for your patience.
Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad