Announcements

Meeting Place Express API

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Chandan Agrawal on 03-05-2011 10:14:53 AM
Hi,

I am totally new to Meeting Place and trying to write an application that can help the users manage their meetings.
Can someone confirm if the API for Meeting Place is same as the API for Meeting Place Express. How is programability different with the Express edition of Meeting Place?

Thanks,
Chandan

Subject: RE: Meeting Place Express API
Replied by: Ratnadeep Ray on 20-09-2011 05:11:34 AM
Hi,

I am totally new to Meeting Place and trying to write an application that can help the users manage their meetings.
Can someone confirm if the API for Meeting Place is same as the API for Meeting Place Express. How is programability different with the Express edition of Meeting Place?

Thanks,
Chandan

Hi Chandan, 

Meeting Place and Meeting Place Express are not same. MP Express has gone EoL last year itself and the last version of MPE was 2.x while currently we have MP version 8.x. As far as I know, MP provides the ability to run audio and video conferences on a single MCS server. Previous versions required a separate hardware platform to provide the DSP resources to mix and terminate the audio and video streams.

There are restrictions in the number of conferences you can run on using the "Express Media Server" option (where you are running everything on one box).

Hope this answers your question. 
Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad