Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Cisco Employee

bridging the gap - RFS to CFS

I’m looking for more information on the implementing the following model for bridging the gap between my RFS service templates and a CFS.  And how to integrate via REST into a service catalog – what considerations there.

What resources are available to understand that integration – how to call the RFS, verify, across a topology. How to define a topology etc. I really did not find anything in the 3.4 documentation.

I realize this is the model taken by VMS.

RFS to CFS.pngRFS to CFS.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: bridging the gap - RFS to CFS

You are entering into the System Integration realm of how NSO integrates into a legacy (or greenfield) OSS operational environment.  The answer to your question depends in large part on what you want to do operationally from the north-bound interface, which is very much dependent on the particular use case and what legacy systems much be considered.  With vMS, a 2-stage (front-end/back-end) portal arrangement is employed to enable end users to request NSO to provision virtual managed services ‘on-demand’.  In other cases, NSO may integrate to an existing, legacy workflow/order-mgmt system.  In yet other cases, only a purpose-built GUI may be all that’s required.  There are also interfaces to Service Assurance and Billing systems that may need to be considered. 

You might want to ping someone in the vMS technical team of GSP Solutions (Ahuja’s org) for more info on how the vMS portal case was implemented.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: bridging the gap - RFS to CFS

You are entering into the System Integration realm of how NSO integrates into a legacy (or greenfield) OSS operational environment.  The answer to your question depends in large part on what you want to do operationally from the north-bound interface, which is very much dependent on the particular use case and what legacy systems much be considered.  With vMS, a 2-stage (front-end/back-end) portal arrangement is employed to enable end users to request NSO to provision virtual managed services ‘on-demand’.  In other cases, NSO may integrate to an existing, legacy workflow/order-mgmt system.  In yet other cases, only a purpose-built GUI may be all that’s required.  There are also interfaces to Service Assurance and Billing systems that may need to be considered. 

You might want to ping someone in the vMS technical team of GSP Solutions (Ahuja’s org) for more info on how the vMS portal case was implemented.

View solution in original post

This widget could not be displayed.