Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Cisco Employee

CLI translation?

I’ve got a customer who’s replacing 7600’s with ASR9K’s.  Operations request…  All their engineers are very comfortable with 7600 CLI, but nobody (yet) knows XR.

Wondering if there’s some Tail-F functionality that would be able to translate one NED to another - without a service model etc.  Any other thoughts?  Suggestions?

Thanks

BGP

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: CLI translation?

It can be developed with templates. Cisco AS did a demo for Claro Brazil about it (7600 to asr9k config translation).

The demo was restricted to vrf config, but it demonstrated the capability (it can be extended).

Cheers

--

Gustavo Albuquerque

Systems Engineer

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

It can be developed with templates. Cisco AS did a demo for Claro Brazil about it (7600 to asr9k config translation).

The demo was restricted to vrf config, but it demonstrated the capability (it can be extended).

Cheers

--

Gustavo Albuquerque

Systems Engineer

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi Andre,

interesting. I assume this is a NED to NED mapping, where the IOS NED represents the “service” model and IOS-XR NED the device model ?

I’d be interesting how much this scales especially when dealing with SP nodes where the may be 10,000s of config lines.

As much as I like the idea of having NCS as a translator, I think the SOX tool already gets you there 98% without any mapping or modelling.

Mike

Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here