Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
khgrant
Cisco Employee

Communication between servers in NSO cluster

Hi team,

Our customer will deploy NSO with clusters as shown in the diagram below. There will also be a firewall between the “Global” server and the “Services” servers.

Other than NETCONF and SSH ports (TCP 830 and 22), is there any other port we should recommended to have open for communication between the servers?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
khgrant
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The "REST-port" does not need to be open for cluster communication. If you intend to use nct - deployment tool etc - then you might need to open up the REST-port, depending on what you intend to do with them. But the service-node -> device-node comm is not via http(s).

br,

Simon

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
khgrant
Cisco Employee

Will you customer use HA, if so you will need to allow for the HA port?

-Dan

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Hi Michel,

This is an interesting deployment. Usually I’ve seen clustering being used as “device” nodes and sitting on top we have “services” node.

Would you have some more details on the below architecture. Do you have higher order service-models in Global which calls/stitches together lower order services in network/DC/App node? How is the communication between Global and other node done? Via a NED abstraction? Would you have some examples of the high order services?

Thanks,

Bilal.

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Yes, they will use HA, but wouldn’t HA related communication be only between the master “Services” servers to the slave “Services” servers?

i.e. as in this diagram.

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Right.

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Hi Bilal,

You are right J, the clusters will be of device nodes. I just used the labels that were already on the diagram for visualizing the question for the team. From inter-server-communication point of view, it wouldn’t matter if the servers are device nodes or service nodes.

Diagrams are from the student guide by the way..

Thanks!

Michel Papiashvili

khgrant
Cisco Employee

As far as I remember we had to open up REST (HTTPS) port as well (service node -> device node).

BR,

Bostjan

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The "REST-port" does not need to be open for cluster communication. If you intend to use nct - deployment tool etc - then you might need to open up the REST-port, depending on what you intend to do with them. But the service-node -> device-node comm is not via http(s).

br,

Simon

View solution in original post

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad