cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Deployement howto ?

Hello,

I would to know where I can find deployment (process & blade howto ? Specially for asr1k & G2.

Regards,

Jc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

Process hosting on ISRG2 and ASR1K is not supported at this time.  In fact, ISRG2 will likely never support process hosting as IOS-XE is required there.

For blade hosting, this will work like any other VM (in terms of onePK).  That is, if you have a UCS-E module, you could deploy the all-in-one VM to it if you wanted.  Or, you could deploy another Linux OS as a VM and install the desired SDKs.  At that point, you can communicate to the router as you would with an endpoint hosted deployment, only your app and router are much closer in terms of network hops.

In terms of setting up the blade, the Getting Started Guide links to the instructions for getting started with the UCS-E (independent of onePK): Getting Started Guide for Cisco UCS E-Series Servers, Release 1.0 - Configuring CIMC Access [Cisco UCS E-Series Servers]…

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi Jean-Christophe,

Some deployment information is posted here:

Getting Started Guide: Application Hosting Options

https://developer.cisco.com/site/networking/one/onepk/getting-started/getting-started-1-1/index.gsp

Design Guide: Application Deployment Modes

https://developer.cisco.com/site/networking/one/onepk/sdk-and-docs/design-guilelines/index.gsp

Some of the process-hosting content is still limited to early field testing participants. Please let me know if you have any recommendations or changes.

Highlighted

Hi Paul,

Yes this two documents describe the three available choices for the application hosting.

But I would to know if there is some practical commands or howto on how host an app "on a blade" or "on the router".

"Blade hotsting"/"Router hosting"

Regards,

Jc

Highlighted
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

Process hosting on ISRG2 and ASR1K is not supported at this time.  In fact, ISRG2 will likely never support process hosting as IOS-XE is required there.

For blade hosting, this will work like any other VM (in terms of onePK).  That is, if you have a UCS-E module, you could deploy the all-in-one VM to it if you wanted.  Or, you could deploy another Linux OS as a VM and install the desired SDKs.  At that point, you can communicate to the router as you would with an endpoint hosted deployment, only your app and router are much closer in terms of network hops.

In terms of setting up the blade, the Getting Started Guide links to the instructions for getting started with the UCS-E (independent of onePK): Getting Started Guide for Cisco UCS E-Series Servers, Release 1.0 - Configuring CIMC Access [Cisco UCS E-Series Servers]…

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks your for you clear, practical and detailed answer.

Content for Community-Ad
Cisco Community October 2020 Spotlight Award Winners