Announcements

Community Helping Community

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Device config dependency

Hello,

I have a service that sends configs to several devices.  I want to ensure that certain parts of the config are executed before other parts.

For instance, Device A and Device B will have configs issued against them via the service module.  Device A is dependent on Device B's configurations, otherwise the inverse will cause errors.  Is there a way that I can set a priority so that Device B will always receive its configuration changes before Device A does?

I would like to accomplish this in the same transaction.

Thanks,

Mike

Everyone's tags (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Beginner

Re: Device config dependency

HI Mike,

For those sequence logic, suggest use APP to control it.

NCS can support NB API REST/JSON to orchestrate devices. In device level, you can create two device-groups, e.g. Type A device and Type B device.

For example,

The software development methodology is MVC, Model-View-Control.

Use Python/JS/Java to develop App, the App orchestrate Type B device-group via NCS REST/JSON API, after Apps can check some result via NCS API, and then orchestrate Type A device-group.

My two cents.

Tim WU

Beginner

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the input.  I agree that the application can orchestrate that, but was hoping that NSO had some functionality within for that.

Regards,

Mike

Beginner

You're welcome Mike. Thanks your feedback for us.

NCS advantage is YANG model driven service orchestration for multi-vendors. For flexible automation logic, the common practice is to develop APPs, and let the Apps to call its API to achieve business logic.

Wish you enjoy service YANG model in NCS development

Regards,

Tim WU

Highlighted

I agree with Tim... It should be a better approach.

Cisco also has systems that can sit on top of NSO and provide this type of workflow logic.

Prime Services Catalog, that comes with Prime Process Orchestrator is one example.

Another example is Prime Fulfillment.

Best regards, Gustavo

You can do it in the create callback method in Java...

Create a XML template with the service configuration for a device, and use the create callback to apply the templates in the order you want.

In the NCS 3.4 Development Guide, you find more information on the chapter 7, section "Mapping using Java combined with Templates".

I hope it helps.

Best regards, Gustavo

Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here