Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Disk partitioning requirement for NCS VM

Is there any disk partitioning requirement for NCS VM ? One of our customer is asking for disk partitioning requirement fro NCS VM.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Disk partitioning requirement for NCS VM

No, I have not received any additional guidance on the partitioning scheme. We do know that the directories holding the CDB and logs are prime candidates for growth over time. How quickly they would grow and by how much depends on the number of devices & services you are managing and also on how your logging is configured (debug vs error vs info) and the log rolling configured.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cisco Employee

Were you able to learn something about this topic?

We’re about to install NSO in customer environment, and are trying to figure out the right partitioning scheme.

More specifically, I’m trying to figure out which are the directories that are expected to grow over time.

Cisco Employee

No, I have not received any additional guidance on the partitioning scheme. We do know that the directories holding the CDB and logs are prime candidates for growth over time. How quickly they would grow and by how much depends on the number of devices & services you are managing and also on how your logging is configured (debug vs error vs info) and the log rolling configured.

View solution in original post

Cisco Employee

It seems to me that to avoid choking the disk on logs and such, it might make sense to create a separate partition for /var (when using the default directories structure) and probably tmp.

The rest, as I see it, is pretty much static in nature (without manual intervention, such as software upgrades).

I wonder if I’m missing anything.

Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards
This widget could not be displayed.