Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
khgrant
Cisco Employee

ESC dep.xml to NFV-O VNFD transcription

Hi

Is there a tool or a methodology for generating a equivalent VNF-D from a existing deployment file based ESC data model?

Something that could help for instance creating a VNF-D from the complex dep.xml attached (using VPC as a Composite VNF)

Thanks,

-Abdelnor

5 REPLIES 5
khgrant
Cisco Employee

Hi Abdelnor,

We don't have any tools for that. Can you get any help from the NFVO Project development guide and the examples shipped with the same project?

BR,

Johan

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Thanks for the feedback.

I have gone through the "NSO NFVO Bundle” document - if this is what you are referring to – and noticed an example in the VNF catalog but found it very rudimentary compared to the complexity that we have to manage, especially with some of the latest security features developed on ESC to protect the VPC-DI deployment.

Regards,

-Abdelnor

khgrant
Cisco Employee

I'm afraid that's what we have at the moment.

We appreciate your feedback, what are the security features that you're using?

BR,

Johan

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Will forward separately a short description of what was developed on ESC to support the Nephelo R4.2 enhancements – Michael is also a great source of information

Essentially, if you look at the dep.xml file I sent earlier, there has been extension of the esc data model to support some life cycle management rules calling all sort of scripts to do e.g.

• inject ssh key at boot so that the VNFC authenticate each others and encrypt part of the traffic between them

• Or share secrets between ESC and the VNFC through cinder volumes instead of config-drive

All of this should be merged into the VNFD data model at some point as well if not done already – refer to a separate topics on that mailer about the synchronization between the 2 data models (see [Thread hijack was: Re: ESC Services vs. deployments])

Regards,

-Abdelnor

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Hi Adbelnor,

In the short term,

If you look at the package – the NVFO ESC model – it imports the entire ESC Netconf NED yang model.

So then you can create an XML template outside of the NFVO model for anything that ESC does support and include it as part of your service. We will be trying this here soon and can provide more precise feedback.

Because the NFVO ESC model and the VNFD modeled today is, yes, very rudimentary. I planned to take this up with Fredrik (when he returns from Vacation) on his plans to extend the VNFD and VNFR models. Some of the items added for VPC-DI for the secure booting may be ESC/VPC specific vs. actual ETSI MANO components. So how to handle Vendor specific extensions in the VNFD/VNFR may need to be looked into.

Another items we have noticed missing in the model, but are ESTI components are placement rules.

JA

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad