cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
khgrant
Cisco Employee

ESC HA and NSO

Hi Team,

Reading the ESC 2.1 documentation and see that the ESC HA is done via IPv6 towards a BGP router with NSO on the otherside of that router:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/elastic_services_controller/2-1/install_upgrade/guide/Cisco-Elastic-Services-Controller-Install-Upgrade-Guide-2-1/Cisco-Elastic-Services-Controller-Install-Upgrade-Guide-2-1_appendix_01011.html

I have not seen to date using Netconf over IPV6 towards the Device on the southbound interface. Is this feasible?

JA

4 REPLIES 4
khgrant
Cisco Employee

Second try J  Maybe Friday will be a better answer day:

I have not seen to date using Netconf over IPV6 towards the Device on the southbound interface. Is this feasible?

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Hi Julie,

ESC supports monitoring VNF’s on IPv6 and on all interfaces.

ESC – Openstack using IPv6 hasn’t been tested.

NetConf over IPv6 to the VNF should be covered in the NSO doc and not ESC, AFAIK it is supported.

Regards

Himanshu

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Hi Himanshu,

So the question is to the NSO folks on southbound netconf interface over IPV6 to support this. Assuming I just put in an
IPv6 address for the ESC device instead of IPV4 when adding?  I have not found anywhere in the documentation outlining IPV6 support within NSO for NSO interfaces. Perhaps I missed it?

Thanks,

JA

khgrant
Cisco Employee

NSO works just fine with IPv6.

-Dan

Content for Community-Ad

This widget could not be displayed.