Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Community Helping Community

Views
Helpful
Replies

How I create a VM on Cisco IR829?

I need to create a Linux VM on the Cisco IR829 in order to use a Linux Oracle analytics application (runnable using an .sh script) for my school project.

Can I do something in order to obtain a solution like this?

Thanks to everyone that can help me,

Giuseppe

Everyone's tags (7)
9 REPLIES 9
Cisco Employee

Re: How I create a VM on Cisco IR829?

Hi Giuseppe,

IOx on IR829 does not support VM packaged applications (ISR819 does). IOx on IR829 supports PaaS style applications and LXC container style applications.

For your scenario, you may use LXC for your school project. For how to develop LXC on IOx, please refer to LXC Applicaton Development on Cisco IR829 IOx.pdf.

Hope it helps.

Steve

Highlighted

So how can I package this Oracle OEA application in order to make it run at boot?

Thanks.

Cisco Employee

Please see the document I mentioned above.

To start it at boot, you need to make it as an autostart service.

Is there a limit for IOX package?

With OEA the package is about 150 MB but I'm unable to install the application using the ioxclient.

I also need Java 8 in order to run the OEA on the IR829. How can i access to java?

Cisco Employee

Hi,

For the size, it depends on the space availability for /sdb on IOx. Basically all the applications and cartridges will be in the partition. 

If your applications are pure Java program, you may use "PaaS style application" instead of LXC container style application. Here is an example for your reference. https://developer.cisco.com/media/iox-dev-guide-6-23-16/paas/java/java-echoserver/

I already tried PaaS style, but on launching sthe startup script from the Oracle OEA folder outputs me some exceptions related to some permissions denied about a log file.

I also saw that these files where owned by nobody and no group.

Thanks,

Giuseppe

Cisco Employee

Hi Giuseppe,

What is the exact problem you met?

For the PaaS style application, it does not support to run shell script. To run sheel script or C/C++ program, it needs the LXC style applications.

The Oracle Edge Analytics requires Java in order to run while the runnning process is managed by a shell script. How could i make it runnig on the IR829?

Cisco Employee

You may use the PaaS style app (Java), LXC container style app, or Docker app.

For details, please refer to https://developer.cisco.com/site/iox/documents/developer-guide/?ref=quickstart (go to App Development tab)

Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here