Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
khgrant
Cisco Employee

How to access Running Datastore from using Java NAVU API

Hi,

I am exercising NCS service development with Java NAVU API, but I am now puzzled by a specific problem.

I've defined an eline service, which generates several service instance configurations on a per interface basis on a router.

See the example below:

Service Instance Configuration Example:

ethernet evc EVC1

!

interface GigabitEthernet0/1

no shutdown

service instance 101 ethernet EVC1

description EVC Description

encapsulation dot1q 100 second-dot1q 101

rewrite ingress tag pop 2 symmetric

service-policy input Test-QoS-Policy

xconnect 2.2.2.2 1001 encapsulation mpls

We can have several service instance configurations like these on the same interface.

The customer asked to put the interface in shutdown if removing all service instances on a physical interface...

The problem is that NCS will operate in a brownfield environment and there is no guarantee that all services will be discovered in the first time, so, the code to verify if there will be any service instances configured on the interface will need to be done outside FASTMAP.

I am trying to use the post_modification method to get the service information and search the device configuration tree, and look if there is any service instance configured after removal of the service.

The problem is that I am not being able to access the service information as I could only access the Candidate config from NAVU API, and not the Running config.

At this point of the code, the service is not present in the candidate, but only on the running config... Does anyone have a hint on how to access it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
khgrant
Cisco Employee

Just dig deeper in documentation and examples and found that I need to use the CDB API for this, and not NAVU.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1