Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

how to start with OnePK-All-in-One VM as a beginners

I downloaded the OnePK-All-in-One VM successfully, can anyone how to start with, I need python environment. currently I am working on mininet environment, is this similar to that? If any one has good document then kindly share with me

Thanks & Regards,

Atif...

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

Just fire up the VM in VMware or Virtual Box.  You will get a graphical login.  The AiO includes the C, Java, and Python SDKs, so you can start programming with onePK and Python immediately.  In terms of mininet, the AiO includes a virtual instance of IOS and a default three node topology.  This is real IOS (similar to an ISRG2 router).  You can test your apps in a network that can actually forward packets.  Unlike mininet, though, these IOSv instances do not support OpenFlow.  They are onePK-only nodes.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Cisco onePK is totally different like Mininet (Openflow). In Cisco onepk developers use Cisco IOS (or different OS) to manage behavior of network devices.

If you want know "how AiO works" read source  code of 3node start script. I suggest it, because you will able to change topology, solve TLS certification nightmare... (Try read onePK)

GL & HF

Content for Community-Ad
Cisco Community October 2020 Spotlight Award Winners