cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
khgrant
Cisco Employee

Infloblox NetMRI competitive?

I have a customer that is considering using Infoblox’s NETMRI to do multi-vendor automation ala NCS.  Has anyone run into this that could share their thoughts?

https://www.infoblox.com/products/network-automation/netmri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
khgrant
Cisco Employee

Via West a US DC operator acquired by Shaw cable is considering the same approach.

They are comparing us to NETMRI for Datacenter Automation.

I asked the same question on this forum, it turns out we don’t have much information on how TF compares to other Orchestration solutions in detail. However Carl did send a NCCM function comparison between how TF may be able to address NCCM and the traditional approach taken by likes of HPNA.

From the session we had with Via West it seems that NETMRI has oobx capabilities for DC process automation, but not much in the aspects related to network automation for datacenter nor WAN orchestrations aspects.

I would say that TF is better suited for orchestrating services that connect customer to the datacenter (L2/L3 VPN) as well as datacenter network device configuration management.

Who is the customer and what is the use case?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
khgrant
Cisco Employee

Via West a US DC operator acquired by Shaw cable is considering the same approach.

They are comparing us to NETMRI for Datacenter Automation.

I asked the same question on this forum, it turns out we don’t have much information on how TF compares to other Orchestration solutions in detail. However Carl did send a NCCM function comparison between how TF may be able to address NCCM and the traditional approach taken by likes of HPNA.

From the session we had with Via West it seems that NETMRI has oobx capabilities for DC process automation, but not much in the aspects related to network automation for datacenter nor WAN orchestrations aspects.

I would say that TF is better suited for orchestrating services that connect customer to the datacenter (L2/L3 VPN) as well as datacenter network device configuration management.

Who is the customer and what is the use case?

View solution in original post

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad