cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Interaction between policy and datapath using C API

Hi,

I'm trying to understand how the Policy API works and how it interacts with Datapath.

From the Datapath tutorial I see that we first create ACL then add it to class-map, then we add class-map to policy-map .browsing the API I find functions such as onep_acl_add_ace_action!

Is it possible to add copy or divert actions directly to ace?

where should I insert the action? is there any extra benefit from class-maps and policy-maps except aggregation and reutilization of policies?

Thank you very much,

Ibrahim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

Different platforms have (and have had) different flavors of DPSS policy support.  The current bulk method requires you to add the action to the policy.  You cannot add directly to a specific ACE.  But in a way, you can do this by creating a single ACE ACL.  Note: most of the class-map and policy-map code can be treated as boiler plate.  The keys are the ACL and the callback (when you add the desired action).  I break this down in slides 39 through 46 of http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/BRKSDN-3014/BRKSDN-3014.pdf .

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

Different platforms have (and have had) different flavors of DPSS policy support.  The current bulk method requires you to add the action to the policy.  You cannot add directly to a specific ACE.  But in a way, you can do this by creating a single ACE ACL.  Note: most of the class-map and policy-map code can be treated as boiler plate.  The keys are the ACL and the callback (when you add the desired action).  I break this down in slides 39 through 46 of http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/BRKSDN-3014/BRKSDN-3014.pdf .

View solution in original post

Content for Community-Ad
Cisco Community October 2020 Spotlight Award Winners
This widget could not be displayed.