Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

IOS-XE Neds Feature Support Details

Can someone please advise the level of completion of IOS-XE compliant NEDs?

We have a large POC & RFP in APJ, and we need to understand the level of feature support that exists with the most current version.

I can see on CCO that XE supports Yang from version 2.1 onwards, what’s not clear is if the NED is 100% complete.

In particular we’re chasing full featured MPLS LSP support. Can someone please unicast me any useful information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: IOS-XE Neds Feature Support Details

When speaking about the “legacy” CLI NED for IOS/IOS-XE I would argue the CLI coverage mostly likely will be incomplete because the NED development is driven based on demand.

Best would be: create a netsim IOS device and paste the final config you need.  Commands not yet supported will fail.

Correct that coverage is typically not 100%. BUT it would be easy to extend the NED to cover any commands that fail, so: test as described above and, if there are missing commands in the NED, let the NED team (Fredric Zeisig (fzeisig) <fzeisig@cisco.com>) know which commands you need and let them know when you need them.

2 REPLIES 2
Cisco Employee

this is not very easy to comment.

Once you have a release that natively supports configuration via YANG, you should have a full support – assuming the DE’s did not forget one or the other sub-command for a feature.

It would still be important to find out which code components get YANG support. For IOS-XR this support is introduced in phases and it happens that you may not be able to configure your service in phase 1, e.g. static routing YANG support only comes in phase 2.

When speaking about the “legacy” CLI NED for IOS/IOS-XE I would argue the CLI coverage mostly likely will be incomplete because the NED development is driven based on demand.

Best would be: create a netsim IOS device and paste the final config you need.  Commands not yet supported will fail.

Cisco Employee

Correct that coverage is typically not 100%. BUT it would be easy to extend the NED to cover any commands that fail, so: test as described above and, if there are missing commands in the NED, let the NED team (Fredric Zeisig (fzeisig) <fzeisig@cisco.com>) know which commands you need and let them know when you need them.

Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards