cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Is NSO supporting SQL as NB interface?

Hi Stefan,

I have some questions from Vodafone access team Germany  which is currently looking into NSO to insert into their access Network. I have a Meeting with them last week and i present to them NSO and some basic concepts, they also looked with big interest during Cisco Live Berlin at NSO as automation orchestrator and the idea is at least to replace the CLI  operational activity towards Cisco devices.

So far i need for the follow up session which is focusing on deep dive discussions of some NSO  access use cases, any references to similar use cases (like  L2 or L3, CPE automation) which can be useful?

Other question will be does NDO support SQL as NB interface protocol?

And the last question: are any trainings provided by partners which can be offered to the customer ? Does anybody has an Agenda, schedule?

Looking forward for your feedback,

Thank you,

Liana

Everyone's tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Is NSO supporting SQL as NB interface?

NSO can read from and/or write to an SQL DB as part of a service instance creation or other function.

If the DB has values needed for a config NSO can go collect them, or if desired details of the instance should be saved in the DB NSO can write them. This can be done via the Java / Python RFS code.

-Don

4 REPLIES 4
Cisco Employee

Hi Liana,

What to Vodafone want to do via SQL? 

“NB interface” usually means the interface used to make provisioning requests into NSO, and SQL wouldn’t be a suitable choice for that.

Or they could mean using SQL to read information out of NSO.  Again, SQL directly into NSO’s YANG data model probably doesn’t make too much sense.

Can you get more info?

Thanks

--Ian

Cisco Employee

NSO can read from and/or write to an SQL DB as part of a service instance creation or other function.

If the DB has values needed for a config NSO can go collect them, or if desired details of the instance should be saved in the DB NSO can write them. This can be done via the Java / Python RFS code.

-Don

Cisco Employee

NSO can also support SQL via the data provider interface.

-Dan

Cisco Employee

Or even simpler

Guessing the use case...

If they want service inventory over sql

Export the nso services as xml

Map/import to external sql db

Mvh stefan

Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards