Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is onepk still being developed?

With ACI getting a lot of the attention is onepk still considered a viable technology for the foreseeable future? Seems like REST API and NXAPI and python are getting more attention. This could simply be my perspective and or I'm not looking in the right places. I am just wondering how much effort to put into this not knowing the future of the technology.  Will it see much develop effort by cisco in the coming year or years?

Another reason for asking is it seem like Cisco ONE doesn't quite carry the same meaning (for me at least) as it did in the 2012-2013 timeframe. I was thinking more of the Open Network Environment.

Just curious. Thanks.

Todd

3 REPLIES 3
Beginner

Re: Is onepk still being developed?

Really good question,

I'm also interested to know if the OnePK will still be considered with the ACI introduction.

They doesn't seems to do the same thing, but ACI seems more "open" than the "Open Network Environment" with the posisbility to use REST API / Python / OpenStack..

End-Of-Life notice soon or not ?

Ben.

Highlighted
Contributor

With possibly the exception of packet introspection, we think that other controllers being offered such as the Cisco APIC Enterprise Module and the Cisco Open SDN Controller offer simpler methods for accessing network data and dynamically modifying network device configuration than onePK.  As a result Cisco is emphasizing controller based APIs where it makes sense and de-emphasizing onePK.

That said, there is currently no planned EOL for onePK.

Brett

Thanks Brett... That answer helps and seems in line with what I'm seeing.

Todd

Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards