cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
khgrant
Cisco Employee

JSON RPC 'commit' method "flags" values

Hi NSO experts,

I’m trying to achieve "commit no-networking" via JSON RPC as part of my JSON payload. We have 'commit dry-run' and 'commit working just fine.

What I’m trying achieve: commit no-networking

While reviewing the “commit” method in NSO 4.x Web UI PDF document, it shows that I can use “flags” with a numeric value to achieve different results. When I use ‘3’ or ‘1<<3’ which is for "no device manager”, the transaction still carries out the commit. What is the flag value that corresponds to ‘no-networking’ option in commit method ?

Is there a different method I should be using ? What am I missing ?

Thanks & Regards,

Nick Khemani

7 REPLIES 7
khgrant
Cisco Employee

I got very similar question today from a different customer, they are asking if it is possible to skip out-of-sync-check when using the REST interface.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

Michel

khgrant
Cisco Employee

For REST, use query parameter  no-out-of-synccheck : Continue with the transaction even if NCS detects that a device's configuration is out of sync

See ncs_northbound-*.pdf  for all supported parameters.

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Try number 8 (= ‘1<<3’ ). To combine ‘1<<3’ and ‘1<<2”, try number 12, etc.

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Hi everyone

JSON-RPC commit method will learn many flags, including no-networking, in NSO 4.1.1.

The functionality is not available in previous versions.

As for the REST API, see the user guide for Northbound APIs -> REST API -> Resource Examples -> Examples using POST, PUT and PATCH -> Making use of the commit flags.

Regards,

Andrei

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Thanks Andrei and Richard. Any idea on the release date for NSO 4.1.1 ?

Thanks & Regards,

Nick Khemani

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Could you please share the user guide / examples for using North bound API using JSON-RPC  ?

Thank you.

Regards,

Rajashekhar S

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Rajashekhar – please refer to the Web UI PDF document as part of the NSO release you are using. For e.g., I use: "nso_webui-4.0.2.pdf"

Thanks & Regards,

Nick Khemani

Content for Community-Ad

This widget could not be displayed.