Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Cisco Employee

Kafka integration with NSO ?

Folks,

I am looking for experience on Kafka integration with NSO (as a consumer). Skunkworks, PoC, or other activities welcome ...

Thanks,

- Guillaume

Everyone's tags (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: Kafka integration with NSO ?

Whats use case here ?

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Execution of provisioning/service configuration tasks based on event-driven based telemetry; Event would be published on a kafka bus, and somehow could be made accessible to NSO to trigger further (re)actions.

In essence, trying to realize a bit of automation based on telemetry ...

- Guillaume

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi Guillaume,

I believe transforming NSO into an assurance solution won’t be a good idea, we have other tools that can receive telemetry, analyze and call back to NSO for the feedback loop

We building something similar using Spark application ontop of PNDA for one of the POCs, so Telemetry can be collected and stored straight to HDFS/HBASE or better feed into OpenTSDB

Matrix can be also applicable for performance analysis with feedback loop to NSO

Incident.MOOG can react as well towards NSO upon receiving Threshold Crossing Alert generated by the performance analysis app

Noam

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

I would recommend having an application be able to get the events on the kafka bus and then talk to NSO make the change.  Like Noam said, assurance on NSO like you are trying to do is probably not a good idea.

This somewhat sounds like things they are trying to do with ROBOT for some use cases.

Riggs Goodman III

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Riggs,

Exactly what I am investigating indeed… not pursuing any direct kafka integration into NSO core engine.

Without any intent to turn NSO into an assurance solution.

- Guillaume