Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Multiple VIP for NSO HA Deployment

Hi, Experts,

Sorry for a wide distribution.

My customer would like to deploy NSO HA with multiple VIP due to their specific network environment. Based on the document I have, it seems to me that NSO only allows single VIP for northbound access. I have installed tailf-hcc package and configure multiple VIPs. The new VIP would override the existing one.

I would like to confirm that NSO would only support single VIP only before I communicate back to my customer. Thanks a lot.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: Multiple VIP for NSO HA Deployment

Derek,

Sorry for a wide distribution.

My customer would like to deploy NSO HA with multiple VIP due to their specific network environment. Based on the document I have, it seems to me that NSO only allows single VIP for northbound access. I have installed tailf-hcc package and configure multiple VIPs. The new VIP would override the existing one.

I would like to confirm that NSO would only support single VIP only before I communicate back to my customer. Thanks a lot.

NSO in itself doesn't care about VIPs at all. In order to use HA with NSO, you need to bring a HA-framework. You can use a variety of commercial or open source HA-frameworks with NSO, or for simple deployments you can use the the simple HCC package that comes with NSO. HCC is provided in source, so you may be able to tweak it some.

I don't quite understand what you mean by "multiple VIPs", but if you have some software/script that can set up and maintain that stuff, I imagine it could be integrated with NSO, perhaps even HCC. You can unicast me directly for detailed discussions.

Best Regards,

/jan

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: Multiple VIP for NSO HA Deployment

tailf-hcc doesn't support multiple VIPs.  Fairly easy to add support for that though.

NSO HA code isn't aware of any VIPs. It's independent of failover mechanisms.

/klacke

Content for Community-Ad
Cisco Community April 2020 Spotlight Award Winners