Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
khgrant
Cisco Employee

NAVU .sharedSet() and .value() in fastmap caching?

Hello,

I'm having a stack of services. In the services' create() I'm using NAVU to update several leaf nodes. After the commit I can see in the CLI/REST API that the node values are updated. However, with NAVU .value() .valueAsString(), I don't detect any changes. Is this behaviour normal? Is there any caching?

Tested with NSO 4.2 and 4.2.1.2 on Mac.

Regards,

Nickolay

3 REPLIES 3
khgrant
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In the service's create callback, irrespective of the run (first, second, Nth), the entire service needs to be mapped/created (remapped/recreated). That is how FASTMAP works. So every invocation is like it is being invoked for the first time.

Is there a need to read nodes while in a service's create callback? If this Is required (not sure if it’s best practices) a MAAPI connection can be made and the node be read.

Thanks,

Bilal.

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Hi Bilal,

Thanks for the explanation.

During the service create callback nodes need to be read. It's part of a reactive fastmap process.

With the introduction of NSO 4.2 do we have new recommendations of the way a reactive fastmap should be iplemented (apart of kickers)?

Thanks,

Nickolay #. Belchugov

khgrant
Cisco Employee

hi,

just write the status data outside of the service list, in a different structure. There, you will be able to read it when running the create() code. This is not new but typical NSO operation.

Roque

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad