Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
khgrant
Cisco Employee

NFV-O: comparison between NSO and MANO NFV-O

Dear Carl,

This is Kevin, CSE from GSP APJ Mobility Solution team.

As a regional team member, I need to understand more about NSO for VPC-DI and Ultra(Nephelo).

I watched your recoding session  on SP Mobility NSO deep dive.

I am not sure you are the right person I need to send my query to but sure you are the very person that will connect me to the right one.

As a beginner of NSO, I appreciate if you forgive me my ignorance.

1. I don’t get the clear definition an its functionality on Function Pack and NED.

Would you please kindly explain or let me know the proper jive site where I can refer to?

What is Function Pack?

What is NED?

2. In ESTI GS  NFV-MAN 001, there are lots of NFV descriptors such as NSD, VNFD, VLD, VNFD, PNFD, and  VNFFGD.

Are all the descriptors supported in our NSO?

I would like to know what is our implementation compared with these descriptors.

MANO     <—> NSO

NSD                   ?

VNFD                ?

VLD                  ?

PNFD               ?

VNFFGD          ?

Regards,

Kevin.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
khgrant
Cisco Employee

Kevin,

Inline below:

> On May 24, 2016, at 3:34 AM, Kevin Hwang (sunghhwa) <sunghhwa@cisco.com> wrote:

>

>

> Dear Carl,

>

> This is Kevin, CSE from GSP APJ Mobility Solution team.

> As a regional team member, I need to understand more about NSO for VPC-DI and Ultra(Nephelo).

I can help with the general NSO platform, the Ultra/Nephelo team can help with that solution.

> I watched your recoding session  on SP Mobility NSO deep dive.

> I am not sure you are the right person I need to send my query to but sure you are the very person that will connect me to the right one.

We can start here, and am happy to reference other people as we go along.

> As a beginner of NSO, I appreciate if you forgive me my ignorance.

>

> 1. I don’t get the clear definition an its functionality on Function Pack and NED.

>     Would you please kindly explain or let me know the proper jive site where I can refer to?

>      What is Function Pack?

>      What is NED?

The NSO jive site is here:

http://cvg.cisco.com/groups/cvg/nso

> 2. In ESTI GS NFV-MAN 001, there are lots of NFV descriptors such as NSD, VNFD, VLD, VNFD, PNFD, and  VNFFGD.

>     Are all the descriptors supported in our NSO?

>     I would like to know what is our implementation compared with these descriptors.

>

>     MANO     <—> NSO

>     NSD                   ?

>     VNFD                ?

>     VLD                  ?

>     PNFD               ?

> VNFFGD          ?

We support NSD and VNFD as separate entities in the NFV Orchestrator solution for NSO.

We don’t break out VLDs and PNFDs as separate entities. The VLDs are no explicitly represented in our implementation at all (but we track VLRs), and PNFDs are managed as general YANG models.

We don’t support the concept of explicit paths through a VLD/VLR graph by using NVFFGDs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
khgrant
Cisco Employee

Kevin,

Inline below:

> On May 24, 2016, at 3:34 AM, Kevin Hwang (sunghhwa) <sunghhwa@cisco.com> wrote:

>

>

> Dear Carl,

>

> This is Kevin, CSE from GSP APJ Mobility Solution team.

> As a regional team member, I need to understand more about NSO for VPC-DI and Ultra(Nephelo).

I can help with the general NSO platform, the Ultra/Nephelo team can help with that solution.

> I watched your recoding session  on SP Mobility NSO deep dive.

> I am not sure you are the right person I need to send my query to but sure you are the very person that will connect me to the right one.

We can start here, and am happy to reference other people as we go along.

> As a beginner of NSO, I appreciate if you forgive me my ignorance.

>

> 1. I don’t get the clear definition an its functionality on Function Pack and NED.

>     Would you please kindly explain or let me know the proper jive site where I can refer to?

>      What is Function Pack?

>      What is NED?

The NSO jive site is here:

http://cvg.cisco.com/groups/cvg/nso

> 2. In ESTI GS NFV-MAN 001, there are lots of NFV descriptors such as NSD, VNFD, VLD, VNFD, PNFD, and  VNFFGD.

>     Are all the descriptors supported in our NSO?

>     I would like to know what is our implementation compared with these descriptors.

>

>     MANO     <—> NSO

>     NSD                   ?

>     VNFD                ?

>     VLD                  ?

>     PNFD               ?

> VNFFGD          ?

We support NSD and VNFD as separate entities in the NFV Orchestrator solution for NSO.

We don’t break out VLDs and PNFDs as separate entities. The VLDs are no explicitly represented in our implementation at all (but we track VLRs), and PNFDs are managed as general YANG models.

We don’t support the concept of explicit paths through a VLD/VLR graph by using NVFFGDs.

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Team,

Can you share this webex recording?

> I watched your recording session  on SP Mobility NSO deep dive.

Thanks,

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Hi Andrew,

This is what I saw in vtShare.

https://vtshare.cisco.com/vportal/VideoPlayer.jsp?ccsid=C-77e57c0b-2926-4442-b9b8-2182f1fdf6db:1#

Login vtShare -> find with keyword “NSO”.

Recording: SP Mobility - NSO Deep Dive.

Regards,

Kevin.

khgrant
Cisco Employee

Dear Carl,

I have  several questions for automation.

I really appreiciate if you connect me to the right person in your team who can answer the questions below.

1. 1. Creating  VNF that is composed of multiple VNFCs.

Which component decides how many VNFCs are needed, for exmple, 3M subs P-GW.

I think it shall be VNF-M.

In NSD,  3M P-GW(NSD flavour) is specified and required with VNFD:VDU:flavour(KPI) for VNFC.

Then VNF-M shall calculate how many VNFC is necessary: How many SFs are needed in Cisco VPC P-GW?

Please give your advice.

1. 2. What is our implementation/plan for NSO and ESC about Q2?

1. 3. Monitoring_parameter

in NSD/VNFD, there is monitoring_parameter.

Especially, for call-per-second(CPS) in example of ETSI document,

Does VNF-M have to track this CPS per VM per VNF and trigger auto-scaling-out?

Is it up to implementation whether keeping statistics from VNF or being reported by VNF and comparing the KPI in VNF-M?

1. 4. What is our ESC implenentation?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

1. Kevin.

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad