Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Cisco Employee

NSO 4.1 NSD, VNFD

Hi team,

I’m wondering where to find available VNFD / NSD templates & examples that can be used to customise my dCloud NSO 4.1 demo. Please advise.

Did several searches with no luck.

Thanks and regards,

David

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: NSO 4.1 NSD, VNFD

Hi David,

NFVO package contains a document how to create VNFD and NSD.

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286307825&softwareid=286309636&release=1.2.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

You can easily create it by using NFVO UI.

Let me also attach a sample CSR1k VNFD and VNFR which I am using for my demo.

Best regards,

Hiro

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi Hiro,

Thanks for the advice and link.

Thanks and regards,

David

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Here are some VNFD and NSD files that I used for a VPC orchestration demo during the last Global SE VT, this should work on the same dCloud lab based on N4.1.

I can share my lab session on dCloud if you are interested

Regards,

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi Abdelnor,

Thanks very much for the info.

Please share your dCloud session to me for reference as well.

Thanks and regards,

David

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hey Abdelnor!

I too built an NFVO demo for VPC-SI after the June SEVT, based on the initial NFVO-1.0 bundle demo’d there and NSO-4.2… pretty cool; used it at several customer demos as a way to show NSO RFM automation that pushes an Enterprise-S/PGW config onto the VPCSI as soon as it’ ready.  Instant, one-step Enterprise-SPGW basically.

Since then however, ETSI has compelled changes to the yang models as their specs evolve, so am in the process of adapting the xml-templates to fit the latest NFVO-1.2.1 (on NSO-4.2.1.1) yangs.

We should sync up.

--Arnis

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Yes this just reflected the work we did for June SEVT and did not find time to update with latest NFV-O bundle on NSO 4.2.1 (focusing on VPC-DI at the moment with help from Roque).

Since then we also find out that there may be different flavor of VPC VNFD depending whether you look from an NSO NFVO perspective or from a Ultra-EM perspective…

We need to ensure we have a single data model that takes contribution from all BU and remains up to date with ETSI specifications which keep changing / improving / refining.

Regards,  

-Abdelnor

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi Abdelnor,

We have to catch up. We are close to having a VPC-DI working via the NVFO and ESC (with SF monitoring CPU) and CF monitoring (for proper recovery of Active CF) and all the needed changes for the Complex VNF that VPC-DI is.

We had to make some minor changes to the NFVO packages as well and would like to synch with you as I think they may overlap with your work with Rogue.

I agree we need to agree on a standard methodology here for the VPC VNFD as well.

Look forward to synching with you/the team here.

JA

Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here